Chapter 14

(Last Time)

Percy paused as he heard that, looking down at Wendy and meeting her eyes. A part of him wanted to force the answers out of Carla. But looking into Wendy's eyes he knew he couldn't do that, not only would such an action go against everything Fairy Tail stood for, it would also destroy any connection he had to Wendy, and for some reason he truly didn't want that to happen.

"Ok." Percy finally said, nodding his head as he placed his hand on Wendy's shoulder. The blue haired girl sending him a radiant smile as she heard that. "But if the cat shows even the slightest sign of betraying us or fucking us over... I will end her!"

Wendy and the other Fairy Tail wizards all flinched as they heard that, not that any of them admonished him for his harsh words, with some of them even agreeing with him. This was not a game after all, the lives of thousands of people were on the line, including their loved ones. Before any of them could speak again though, they were interrupted by Carla.

"I would expect nothing less. If the tomcat or I show any signs of endangering you or betraying you, then I ask that you do kill us!" Carla spoke her tone firm and uncompromising.

"Carla!" Wendy shouted in shock as she stared at her friend.

"You heard what I said." Carla replied, her tone holding a note of finality in it as she looked up at Wendy.

Percy however just nodded, acknowledging Carla's comment as he did, her statement going somewhat raising his opinion of her. Without another word, Percy then turned around and looked out into the surrounding forest, his sea green eyes narrowed. "Ok, now let's go, we need to get to the Royal City and rescue our Guild!"

( - )

Chapter 14

( - )

(With Percy, in Edolas)

Trying to be as quiet as possible as he relentlessly made his way through the dense undergrowth of Edolas, Percy rested his right hand on the golden hilt of his blade, Backbiter, the cautious expression on his face not faltering as he constantly surveyed the alien landscape around him. The Demigod was currently using his control over water to extend his senses through the moisture in the air, allowing him to sense vibrations that could come from movement, or the blood that might be pumping though a person's body.

As sensory abilities went, it wasn't the most comprehensive or the most accurate as he could quite easily mistake animals for humans. But even so Percy was glad he had developed it, after all he didn't know exactly where he was in Edolas, he didn't know the lay of the land, the politics or just who and how many they might be facing. An advance warning of potential nearby hostile was useful.

Following behind the dark haired ace of Fairy Tail, was the rest of his group, those remnants of Fairy Tail that he had been able to gather before heading through the Anima. With the dragon slayer Wendy Marvel and the Celestial Mage Lucy Heartfelia following very closely behind Percy, Wendy's companion Carla and the other flying cat, Happy, trailing just behind the two of them. The two relatively new wizards not being as comfortable with the others at their unfamiliar surroundings, either due to age or experience, or both. Following a little bit behind them were both Gajeel Redfox and Natsu Dragneel, the two other dragon slayers, with Gajeel being an iron dragon slayer and the Natsu a fire dragon slayer.

All in all the group was making good progress as they moved through the dense and untamed undergrowth, with even Gajeel and Natsu having reigned in their squabbling due to the nature of their situation. After all it was not often that you ended up going to a 'parallel world' in the hopes of finding your fellow Guild members, all of who had been turned into a giant magical lacrima... Yeah, even for Fairy Tail that was weird.