A Jolly Holiday

The kids were just getting ready for bed when they heard the East Wind blow. 

They looked out the window and there was a woman in the sky with an umbrella.

"Who's that?" Meg said. "I don't know" said Sam.

"Maybe it's a witch!" said Charles Wallace. "Of course not. Witches have brooms." said Meg. 

"She sure is pretty" said Calvin. 

The woman flew in through the window of the Cavern. 

Charles Wallace's jaw dropped at the way she looked at them.

"Close your mouth please, Charles. We're not a codfish" said the woman. She had a bossy sort of voice.

"Who... who are you?" Meg stuttered.

"You mustn't stutter Meg dear. It shows weakness." said the woman. 

Sam and Calvin didn't have the posture this woman wanted. 

"Shoulders down, Sam. No need to be so tense. And Calvin, stand up tall" she said.

"She sure is a tricky woman" said Charles Wallace under his breath.

"Now, look here, Charles. You mustn't say such rude things. Especially under your breath" scolded the woman. 

"Please tell us your name" said Calvin. 

"You've said that so maturely, Calvin dearie. My name is Mary Poppins" answered the woman. 

"Cool name" Sam said. "Thank you, dear. I've always fancied the name" said Mary Poppins.

"Now what may I ask brings you here?" said Meg as maturely as possible.

"I've come to see you. The Banks children have grown up so I need more children to look after" explained Mary Poppins.

"We're unbelievably sorry, Mary Poppins ma'am, but we're good at doing things ourselves" Calvin said.

"Besides, we got four young Brits to look after us" Sam said.

"Four gentle and caring young Brits" Meg said.

"I see. Do those Beatles cherish you?"

"Of course they do. We recently returned the favor" Calvin said. 

"Well, most of us" said Charles Wallace scowling at Meg.

"Now, Charles you mustn't mock the afflicted" said Mary Poppins. 

"It's alright, Ma'am. He's right. I really didn't do much of anything until we went on stage."  said Meg.

"Besides, I was joking" said Charles Wallace.

"You may be joking but it was rude, pet" said Mary Poppins. 

"Gee. And I thought I was good at scolding Charles Wallace" said Calvin. "You are" Sam said.

"I see Calvin is there to keep things in line too?" said Mary Poppins. 

"Yes I am. Charles Wallace and John Lennon test the limits, and it's go time." Calvin said.

"Yeah. Remember that time you locked Charles Wallace in the basement for chucking rings at you" Sam said.

"Yeah. He deserved it. Interesting fact: Ringo's pinky finger rings can fit up my nose" Calvin said pulling another ring out of his nose. 

"So you gave young Charles a good time out experience?" said Marry Poppins. 

"Yes Mary Poppins" said Calvin. 

"very good, then" said Mary Poppins. 

"So The Beatles are good with kids like us" Sam said. "So we'll be alright with just them" said Meg.

"Very well then. Would you at least consider an outing with me?" said Mary Poppins.

"Sure. Do outings with you consist of that spiffy umbrella of yours?" said Charles Wallace.

"Why yes. Occasionally" said Mary Poppins. 

The kids cheered for that. 

"Hot diggity!" yelled Sam. 

Mary Poppins took the kids outside and they held her hands as her umbrella took off. 

They flew above Liverpool for a while and then the kids grew tired. 

So Mary Poppins put them to bed. 

"You're awesome, Mary" Charles Wallace said.

"I believe what you meant to say was that I am practically perfect in every way" said Mary Poppins.

"Oh yes of course" said the very mature Calvin. 

The kids then went to bed.

Mary Poppins took one last look at them before there was a gust of wind and she was gone.

That one was fun! I love doing connections. 

This was requested by AmandaSchaefer709

Requests? Let me know!

Peace and love,

Sammy