Chpt 1

Jorja Pierce"Alright, class dismissed", my professor said closing her laptop

Jorja Pierce
"Alright, class dismissed", my professor said closing her laptop.

I closed my MacBook, before putting it and my notebook and pens into my bag as I watched everyone run out the class room. I decided to call an Uber while everyone rushed out which would prevent me from having to be pushed or shoved.

I picked up my bag and my phone and walked down the stairs and out the double doors. Luckily my political participation class was in building 6 right at the corner piedmont avenue and Decatur street so I didn't have to walk too far to get to my Uber.

I walked out of the building and sat on a bench on the sidewalk while I waited, I reopened the app and saw that my driver was now two minutes away so I decided to call me my mom. Whenever I go into a Uber I always call someone just so I won't have to sit through an award car ride and just in case the driver wants to kidnap me.

"Hi mommy", I said looking at my mother's beautiful face.

"Hey baby, Whatchya doing" she said smiling at me

"Hey baby, Whatchya doing" she said smiling at me. Before answering I saw my Uber pull up.

"I just finished class, I'm getting in a Uber now to go home", I said entertaining the backseat of the car.

"Good morning" I said to the driver to which he responded with a head nod.

"Oh that's good, how's Jen?", she said referring to my best friend and roommate Jennifer. Jen and I have been friends since middle school when I first moved to Phoenix, we then went to together high school and now in our third year at GSU.

"Jens good, she annoying but she good" I chuckled making mom laugh.

"And how are you, how are you balancing work and school?" She asked. My mom was always going on and on about how she didn't like my job at foot looker cause she thinks it's distracting me from school, I understand where she's coming from but I don't wanna have to depend on her right now especially when I'm fully capable of getting a job, she's already insists on paying my portion of the rent and my tuition, don't get me wrong I am extremely grateful but I just don't want to put a strain on her anymore. However,it does get overwhelming balancing work and school but I've gotten use to it.