Chpt 3

(IGNORE THE BRAIDS LOL)

Jorja Pierce

We've been here for about two hours now and it was going good. It wasn't that crowded in here but it wasn't empty either.

Jen had brought us into the kitchen where there were a lot of big dangerous looking men in here so obviously this was were Shawn and his friend bricks were located. We were all dancing and vibing to the music just enjoying the party even Jen who claimed she was "breaking up" with deshawn.

"Yo you on da wrong side of town homie" I heard over the music.

"Yo shut your bitch ass up before-"

POW! POW! POW!

I heard more than well over the music followed by loud screams.

"Everybody down!!" Somebody shouted causing everyone to run and scream. I looked around trying to find Jen through the large crowd of people running to and from.

"JEN!!" I screamed

"JEN!!" I screamed again as I ran through the crowd.

"JEN!!" I screamed feeling the tears fall down my face.

I felt someone pull me to the ground only to see bricks holding me down.

"We gotta go ma" he said trying to pull me out.

"No!! I screamed, "I'm not leaving without Jennifer " I said pulling away from his grasp.

"Shawn got her, let's go" he said trying to grip me again.

"No I don't know that, I'm not leaving without Jennifer" I screamed in his face. He pulled a gun out of his waistband before aiming it towards the living room firing loud blows across the room.

"Look! This ain't up for discussion you either come with me or ya ass die" he said standing up throwing me over his shoulder before running out the door and down the street.

We made it to a white Range Rover as he opened the passenger door putting me inside and running over to the driver side pulling off.

We sat in silence for about 15 minutes driving downtown which gave me enough time to think about what actually just went down. I looked over at bricks, he was deep in thought going at 120 mph.

"Uhh bricks" I said trying to catch his attention.

"Wassup mama" he said which caused my stomach to drop for some reason.

"I'm sorry about how I acted back there I just wanted to make sure Jen was okay" I said holding my head down in embarrassment.

"That's good ma, you wanted to make sure ya friend was good" he said looking at me for a quick second. "I get that".

"Do you know for sure that Shawn has her" I questioned feeling the tears build up, "cause I can't afford for anything to happen to her".

"Look Jorja stop all that crying shit, she's good I promise you that, you can call her you know".