04

two days later

"really ?" he couldn't believe the girl that had just walked in. nini just smiled with a plate full of green cupcakes.

"before you say a word," she interrupted putting the cupcakes on the desk. "hear me out, i don't do illicit things, however, i do love baking. so i decided to make these for you, they're green," she gestured the pastries excitedly, "red velvet with dye, and the frosting is mint. mint leaf to be honest, it can make you feel relaxed. just like weed."

ricky just stared at the tiny brunette, he noticed how much dedication she had put into these cupcakes, and how her eyes glimmered as she explained.

ricky was dumbfounded.
most girls would bring him weed.

if they didn't he wouldn't have come. they knew they stood no chance.

but she went as far as making him cupcakes, that were green with some flavor with the same effects. she clearly had no intention of giving up.

he just laughed. "what?" her smile faded.

"guess you're not giving up so easily, aren't you" he joked. she laughed but kept trying to decipher what his next move was about to be. "tell you what" he said picking one cupcake, unwrapping it and put it in his mouth. she just stared, patiently waiting for his reaction.

it was amazing. "good" he mumbled as he tried to speak with his mouth full. "manners bowen"
she waited nervously for him to swallow the last piece of the cupcake waiting for his response. "two weeks," he accepted. "that's all I'm giving you."

"really?" she looked et him smiling. "thank you, thank you, thank you !" she squealed jumping and throwing her arms around his neck. he received her eager hug and felt her scent filled his nose. she smelled like sweet vanilla. and somehow his arms found a way into her waist. they fitted, somehow, as they belonged there.

"you're welcome," he said slowly letting her go. "but today doesn't count, i have a party to attend."

"are you going to drink ?" she questioned shily as we gathered his stuff.

"don't worry nini. why? want to come?" he asked kindly. she froze at the question but shook her head rapidly. "no-no, i don't drink, no."

"too bad," he said picking up his backpack. "its always a fun time."

"so-um are you going to do your work tonight?" she asked genuinely.

"not a chance roberts." he blew her a kiss leaving the classroom.

"wait!" she chased him down the hallway. she was not taking any chances, Yale was always in her head "you can't show up hungover."

"golden girl, i've been drinking for years," and for some reason, she felt her cheeks blush. "my tolerance is better than an alcoholic's."

"don't worry ?" she retorted. "what about the effects this has on your body?"

"after this, nina," he sighed "i don't have any plans or a future."

"i think you can" she comforted him, getting closer to him. still not meeting his eyes. he was looking down at her, being a few inches taller. "i don't need validation from a super-elite expensive school to make me feel good nini."

"and i do?" she blurred as he yet again started to walk away.

"just face it, you and i are completely different people. leave it alone. you get into your stupid college and i get to play with my guys. just drop it."

for the first time in her life, there was no SAT word or phrase in her brain that she could think of to snap back at him. he was a quiz she didn't know how to study, hell, she didn't even understand.

"same time tomorrow?" he said interrupting her thoughts.

"sounds like you're asking me on a date bowen." she tried looking for his sense of humour.

"please," he chuckled. "you and i ? that's some math i can do, and let me tell you, there's no answer."