31

okay don't kill me but im back? 

few chapters left, no more excuses. 

comment, star, let's go! 

---

graduation day. 

a day nini longed since she discovered she could get out of her town. the day she could walk over the stage and be free. (or at least feel like it)

and yet, her stomach roared with excitement and anxiety, something deep down kept telling her it wasn't right. something didn't fit. 

she was getting ready to apply the last touches of her makeup, a little sparkle in her eyes to match her dress and some blush to color her cheeks. she kept rehearsing her valedictorian speech in her head. 

looking at her phone, she realized, one; she was terribly late, and, two; ricky had texted her telling her he was passing by before graduation. 

she dismissed both the time and the text, deciding to continue with hair. 

an hour and a half later she was finally putting her dress on, struggling to put the zipper back up. 

then, she felt a presence behind her relieving her of the zipper issue, sorting her dressing situation. then, he turned her around he could look straight into her eyes. 

"hey princess," she smiled at the boy standing in his suit, for once looking like a grown man, button-up and everything. "just wanted to check up on you before the ceremony. Your mom let me in and i just came face to face with you fighting with a zipper"

"hey!" she slapped his shoulder playfully, putting her gown on. "well lucky for you, i came by, even though my dad is waiting in the car."

"ricky, we'll see each other in like 30 minutes," she smiled cutely at the boy. 

"yeah i guess i just wanted to see you," he sighed, "before we go." 

the ai stood still for a second, before they went, away miles away from their little towns. before all of this nini would not think twice about this. but, being far away from him, is not a world she thinks she likes. Yale meant her dream, but it also meant, no morning kisses in the hallways or silly late afternoon walks. and, suddenly she had no idea what to do. But, at the same time, they had never talked about it, even after her acceptance letter, all he did was avoid the subject. what the hell she thought. 

"what are we ricky," she mumbled, "what are we going to do," 

his face showed his surprise clearly not ready to confront reality. "we act like a couple, we kiss, we sleep together, hell, bowen, i'm leaving in less than a month! and to be honest, i don't think i can leave you nor continue not knowing what we are," 

she was ready to spiral like he knew she was able to do over any situation, so he just kissed her. simply, to stop time. and maybe shut her up. 

"hear me out, you know who you are, you're nina freaking salazar-roberts, valedictorian, student body president, my best friend, my tutor, the person i love, and truthfully one of the most amazing, inspiring people i've ever met. " 

"and, i'm just the washed-out jock, that somehow won a state championship but continues to be the bad, trashy boy who can't figure his feelings out," she laughed trying to hold the tears in her eyes. "you turned my world upside down, from weed to mint cupcakes, going from a D to a B- in two months, an actual nice guy. you taught me how to love and be loved. and there's truly no one who inspires me more than you. and you're going away to Yale and even if it sucks i'll have to learn how to breathe without you because you need to go live your dream." he said breathless, utterly oblivious to the number of times he had told her he loved her, nor the fact his dad had been honking for the last minute or so. 

"bowen,i-" she got caught off by his dad giving him an ultimatum. so, he just kissed her cheek, leaving a confused nini standing in her graduation gown. 

"i'll see you out there," he ended up screaming from her front lawn. "we can talk about all of this, later, i promise," he finally told her before getting into his car as she peered over her window. 

she got her cap, and walked downstairs, ready to face the future or whatever the movies said. even thought, inside she wanted to puke. he had finally said everything to her. including the fact he loved her, and, she had to live her dream despite their feeling. 

it was time for graduation. 

40 likes for next part......?