sweatpants

my eyes slowly opened and fluttered for a second before adjusting to the light peeking from outside the bedroom door. i reached under my pillow for my phone. it read 8:13 PM.
"damn", i whispered to myself, realizing i slept for more than 4 hours.
i stretched my arms out and yawned, sluggishly getting out of bed.
i trudged downstairs and saw my boyfriend on the couch playing video games, as usual.
my body moved closer towards his figure, "hey, when'd you wake up?", i asked, being dense enough to think i'd earn a reply from him. "you left me in the room alone", my lips slowly curved into a frown, looking at him from where i was standing nearby.
still, no reply.
removing my eyes from his, i examined mattia head-to-toe. something about him sitting there, laid back, controller in his hands resting on his lap, messy hair and sweats made my heart jump as butterflies were beginning to form in my stomach. i don't know why this was though, there's never a time where he doesn't look like this.
excitement poured through my whole body. "so you're just gonna ignore me?"
mattia's eyes parted from the tv screen onto mine, only for a split second.
"heyy baby", he said. i frowned again.
shortly after, an idea popped into my mind. i crouched down onto the floor and crawled my way over to him making sure not to block his view of the tv, then kneeled between his legs. once again, he didn't budge.
i lifted my arms and ran my hands up his sweatpant-clad thighs, "babyyy", i whined.
he finally shot his eyes at me, staring me down. confusion was written all over his face and it made me giggle.
without further thinking, i pushed myself up into his embrace, wiggling a bit as i tried to get through his arms holding the controller. eventually, he slipped and let me in, hugging me loosely.
"y/n, what are you doing?", mattia asked.
"you're not paying attention to me...and i missed you."
he sighed, throwing his controller and headset beside him, bringing his arms back around me.
"we literally just napped together, what do you mean you miss me?", my boyfriend questioned.
he had a point, but i wasn't going to let him slide.
"but you left me in there alone, and you keep ignoring me."
mattia chuckled and got up from the couch, my head lightly pressed against his chest and legs wrapped around his waist, "i'm sorry baby, i was playing the game and you already know how i am. i'll make it up to you."
he took us both back into our bedroom and i smiled.
this is gonna be fun.
-
hi i know this was short & i'm sorry, i just wanted to give you guys something to read before i start writing other stories. if you guys have any requests, my dms are open! :)
word count: 494