sleepover pt. 2

the butterflies in my stomach went crazy again when i realized his full attention was now on me.
fuck i should've stayed quiet.
-
mattia let out a heavy sigh as scooted towards me to look at my phone screen.
"what are you doing?", his voice was soft and quiet.
"nothing, i-i was just scrolling through insta."
my face become red and hot when i heard myself stutter.
shit.
"mmm", he stretched, "you know you shouldn't be on your phone too much, it affects your eyesight."
my brows furrowed, "says you, you're on your xbox 24/7."
"not even", he said.
"yes even."
he took out his phone from his pocket, checking the time.
"we should go get ice cream right now."
i smiled, "we should."
there was a moment of awkward silence before mattia spoke up again.
"y/n, let's be serious now", i pushed myself up from the position i was laying in to listen to what he was going to say, "i know you like me."
i froze, our eyes piercing right into each other.
he knows WHAT?
"you don't have to admit it, but i know. i see how nervous you get when you're around me and the way you blush. it's cute."
"cute"?
not knowing what to say next, i breathily laughed, struggling to control myself on the inside.
"i don't know what to say mattia", was all i could spit out.
"you don't have to say anything, but i wanna be honest with you."
"um, okay."
what does he mean, "be honest with me"?
he took a deep breath in, "i like you too."
i looked down onto the sheets below me, the eye contact become too intense.
"no you don't, i know you do-"
"how y/n? please explain. when have you ever seen me hang with any other girl more than you and i do? when have you seen me give up on homework just to answer a face time call rather than for you?"
he was right. i'd never seen him this close to any other girl, and i don't know why i'm just realizing this now. i'm guessing it's only because of my insecurities, believing that someone like him could never develop feelings for someone like me.
"i-"
what do i say?
"you mean a lot to me y/n. you're different, funny, caring, always put others in front of yourself. i love everything about you", he gently lifted my chin up so we locked eyes again.
"mattia, i really don't wanna ruin our friendship."
"who says we have to ruin our friendship?"
my thoughts were gaining control over me once again.
is he being serious?
i became curious, "why are you telling me all this now?"
"because...i can't hold it in any longer. it's hard not to fall for someone like you y/n."
he slowly leaned in, resting his hand on my thigh making my insides turn.
by the time i knew it, his soft lips were on mine, staying there for a second before pulling away, leaving me in shock.
"can we go get ice cream now?", i asked, laughing.
"yes we can."
-
i'm sorry if this was bad. i feel like my writing isn't good & i'm constantly using the same words over and over again. i'll try and fix that :)
word count: 555