Haunted

October 31st, 2009

It's been a month since Vicki turned. We found her, when she tried to attack Tyler in his car. We've been keeping her in our house, until she learns to control herself. Most people still think she's missing, including Matt, Jeremy and Tyler.

"I don't understand why I have to stay here. Why can't I just go home?" Vicki asks.

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone" Stefan replies.

"Or around your very human brother" I add.

"There's nothing about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word." Damon states while reading the newspaper. "Someones covering it up" He palms the Gilbert watch that we took from Logan.

"What is that?" Vicki asks looking at it.

"This is a very special, very old compass. What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon questions.

"Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, leave town" Stefan remarks.

"We should all be worried" Damon responds.

"Hey, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicki asks. Stefan grabs a mug containing some kind of animal blood and hands it to her. Gross. I still can't handle any animal blood, even as a mortal i have to thoroughly cook any meat that I eat to ensure that there is no blood left in it, or it'll make me sick.

"What is it?" Vicki asks.

"It's what you're craving" Stefan replies.

"Don't lie to the girl. It's so not what you're craving, but it'll do in a pinch" Damon interrupts.

"What is it?" Vicki asks, now confused.

"Yeah, what is it? Is it skunk? St. Bernard? Bambi?" I ask rhetorically. I'm fine with Stefan's choice to drink animal blood and to give it to Vicki, but I can still give him shit for it. It's what twins are supposed to do.

"Why can't I have people blood?" Vicki questions.

"Because it's wrong to prey on innocent people, Vicki" Stefan responds.

"You don't have to kill to feed. Find someone tasty and then erase their memory. It's so easy" Damon says.

"Easy for you, you mean. It's not so easy to stop for someone who has no control. She'll end up killing someone." I say to him.

"Well I say snatch, eat, erase" Damon states.

"Normally i'd agree with you. But we can't afford any accidents right now. Not when they're onto us" I say to him.

"Hey, look at me. We choose our own path. Our values and our actions, they define who we are." Stefan says to her.

"Okay, Count Deepak. I am out of here" Damon announces, leaving the room. I follow after him to head towards the kitchen, before hearing the doorbell ring. We both head towards the door, and Damon opens it to reveal Elena. Upon seeing her I change direction and head to the kitchen to make myself a snack. Since entering the second trimester, all I've done is eat. I make myself a sandwich and then brush past Stefan and Elena to make my way to school.

After spending the day at school with periodic updates from Stefan, the day was over and I headed home. When I arrived home I went straight up to my room to do my homework before the Halloween party at the school later tonight. I hear the front door open and close and look out my window to see Damon, Stefan and Vicki in the front yard. I looked away for a few seconds and when I looked back, Vicki was gone. I quickly put my stuff down and raced downstairs to join them outside.