1

PoV: Rouge the Bat

"Rouge can you get table 4 for me please?" Blaze called from the kitchen.

"Sure," I walked over to table 3 and took their order.

  Today was as busy as ever. This was the cake cafe, it was my job. Luckily there was an apartment building down the street where most of us lived. We would all hang out in one apartment some days. I washed up after my shift and changed out of my uniform. I was closing shop today.

  I locked the front door and walked out through the side door by the dumpster.

"Meow!"

"An ally cat," I watched the cat shift through the trash and walked home, "I wonder who's cat that is."

  I made it to my apartment, it was small but cozy. It had a nice rug and soft couch. My room was nice too, with all my jewelry. My full size bed was perfect. I had my little plants and my TV shows. This place was truly mine. I made myself dinner and went to bed after a long soak in a bubble bath. The only thing that bothered me was how it got lonely some nights.

"Maybe I should get a pet," I wondered what pet I would even get, "A cat might be nice... but the litter box wouldn't... I don't have time to walk a dog or the space... fish can't be cuddled. I'm not cleaning a hamster cage. A rabbit? No... too lazy... what ever, I don't need a pet anyway."

  I gave myself a nice facemask before going to bed. This was my perfect little life.

---

"Blaze are you closing tonight?" I asked as I finished my shift at work. I had spent another day dressed in the pink uniform of the cafe.

"Yeah, I am. Why ask?" She replied with her usual melancholy tone.

"Here, I still have the key," I handed her the keys.

"Thank you," she took them and walked away.

"Maybe we should hang out more," I had always noticed she was quiet, it would be nice to know her better.

  I walked outside and shut the door.

"Meooow~" the ally cat was back.

"Hey kitty. Want a snack?" I went back inside for a moment and came put with a bowl of milk for the cat. It started drinking immediately, "Good kitty."

  I watched the cat for a while and I noticed something in the dumpster.

"What the hell?" I kicked off one of the trash bags, "OH CRAP!"

  There was a kid there! Their nose was stained with blood and they were covered in filth. They looked to be sorta navy blue.

"Hey!" I walked down the ally, "Some looking for a blue kid?"

I was ignored by people walking by, "damn it."

  What do I do? I guess I should take him too a hospital.

  I picked them up and they winced. I couldn't carry them to a hospital, they didn't seem too hurt.

"I'm gonna take you to my place okay?  If it's that's bad I'll find a way to get you to a hospital," I told them, they only groaned in response.

  This poor kid had been beat badly. I took them back to my apartment and laid them down on my couch. Their clothes were in tatters, they hardly covered em. I used a damp cloth to clean them up a bit. I called in sick for tomorrow. Who ever this kid was, I'm sure they'll need my help getting home or just to a hospital. I started cleaning behind their ear, they had a cut there.

  What happened to you...

~~~

3/7/2020