4

PoV: Rouge

"Vanilla," I knocked on my bosses door, "I have a bit of a situation."

"Oh my, what is it?" She walked up to me.

"I found this kid the other night... he's lost his memory..." I pointed to the chair I had Sonic waiting in. He was hugging his knees, he seemed really anxious around the other waiters, "He doesn't have anywhere else to go, and he doesn't want to be alone."

"Mind if I talk to him?" She asked.

"Not at all but he seems scared to meet new people," I lead her to Sonic.

  Sonic looked up in his chair, me moved a bit closer to me.

"Hello, what's your name?" Vanilla placed a hand on his knee.

"Sonic..." he gripped my shirt. He was really nervous.

"Rouge told me you lost your memory, poor thing, you must be scared," Vanilla pulled a candy from her pocket.

"Who are you..." Sonic held my hand.

"My name's Vanilla, I'm the owner of this cafe," she answered.

"He probably doesn't understand," I fixed Sonic's quills again. They fell out of place a lot recently.

"I see..." Vanilla stood back up, "Rouge I want you to take care of only two tables today. Take as many breaks as you need. Sonic can stay in the break room for now. We can give him ones of the kids menus."

"Thank you, Vanilla," I helped Sonic up and I took him to the break room.

  We gave him crayons and he was allowed to draw during my shift. I noticed the other girls I worked with were fawning over him a bit. It made me feel a bit proud. I had something no one else had. An adorable shy boy who follows me around like a puppy. One who I could teach anything. I shouldn't do that, I'm his nurse. But I'm not working in a hospital am I. This might be the best thing to ever happen.

PoV: Sonic

  Rouge left me alone in a room with a table and comfy chairs. It was lonely. I missed her. I could draw, but that was it.

"Hi," a lady with purple fur came up to me.

"... Hi..." I moved away from her, I wanted Rouge back.

"Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. I'm Rouge's friend, Blaze," she put a plate down in front of me.

"Sonic, how are you doing?" Rouge was back, "Blaze brought you a cake. How sweet. She never does that for me."

"You never show up this injured," Blaze took a piece of the small cake onto a spoon and held it up, "Say ah."

"...m..." I moved away, I didn't know if I liked this...

"Its okay, she just going to feed it to you," Rouge sat down besides me and I felt a bit better.

  I opened my mouth a bit and Blaze put the spoon in my mouth. It was sweet... I had never tasted anything like it before... or of I have I don't remember... it made me kind of sad that I couldn't remember. But I had Rouge now, she said she was going to help me. So long as I'm with Rouge I'll be okay.

  So long as I'm with Rouge.

~~~

4/20/2020