a speech under a starry sky

"You have no idea who I invited to the opening party of UK clinics!" said Elena. Her voice was filled with satisfaction.

Eowyn, on the other hand, was busy as usual. She didn't have time to think about the guest list. She checked the patient list for Italy once more. After all, every entry must have been logged by now.

She moved to Turkey's entries when she was done. It was a mess. There were missing patient entries from weeks ago.

She reached for her phone, but Elena was quicker. She took the phone and raised it above her head.

"Elena," sighed Eowyn, "I am taller than you. So, just give me the phone. I need to call the main clinic in Istanbul,"

"It can wait!" shouted Elena eagerly. Something in her voice was telling Eowyn she should be scared.

She took a deep breath and looked at Elena. Then shook her head in frustration.

"What will I do with you, Elena?"

Elena ignored her.

"Sooooo, I might have invited Tom Hiddleston and some other celebs. I got a couple of positive returns..."

"What?" thundered Eowyn.

"So...You're excited?" Elena stuttered. She tried to smile but deep down she was scared. This wasn't the response she was expecting.

"I am shocked, Elena, angry too. Celebrities? What would they do at our opening party?"

"Well, Tom is definitely coming. He gave a positive. And a few more... like Cumberbatch, etc?"

"Elena!" yelled Eowyn, "We are a therapy company. What makes you think we should invite celebrities to our opening party?"

She stormed off to her kitchen. Elena followed like a shadow. She looked around. The kitchen was small and minimalist. Gray was the dominant color. She wondered why would her friend pick such a small flat.

" I don't understand," She blurted out, "Why you rented such a small place, Eowyn? I mean, you can do better,"

"My home is in Rome, Elena. And you know that every other flat is just a flat." Eowyn answered after gulping a large glass of water.

Eowyn inhaled and turned to her curious friend.

"Look," she exhaled "Elena, I can't care about the guest list right now. It is your job so I trust you to do your job,"

"Understood," Elena knew how much work stress Eowyn was under.

"Now, I am going to call Istanbul. They turned all their records into a mess. So I got to handle that, and we'll talk about the details later. Alright?"

"Yes, Eowyn. I will see you when you're done,"

"Thanks," whispered Eowyn after Elena left the kitchen.

***

"Cenk, I do not care if there is a problem with the computer system. I want all the records done by tomorrow, at midnight. I already gave you a week to fix this problem," hissed Eowyn to her phone.

"I can come by another time," whispered Elena.

Eowyn mouthed "One second,"

"Look, Cenk, I am gonna say this for the last time. The only clinic that has this problem is yours. Fix it. You have two IT members on your team. Find a way. Even if that means doing it by hand. Just find a way. Okay? I count on you. I got to go. Later."

Eowyn faced Elena. She put on a smile and asked,

"So? Any news?"

Elena's face lit up with the question. She sat next to Eowyn and open her laptop. She started talking about all those tiresome details.