chapter 21

meanwhile, on the other side of south korea, jimin sipped the sweet red wine from the lush wine glass on his hand as he watch a man in front of him get beaten up.

“details?” he spoke, his eyes flickering towards the guy beside him.

“lee roo wae, 38. he was a new recruit but he tried to steal an amount of 129.4M won in the den by hacking the code. his got two children, both girls, his wife died of cancer and once worked for a tech company but got fired—” the guy recited.

“that’s enough.” jimin interjected, placing the glass of wine down the table and rose up from his seat whilst laugh maniacally as he walked towards the now, badly beaten guy.

“please! please! i’m so sorry!” the guy desperately yelled as blood oozed through his nose down his lips.

jimin stopped in front of the man, observing the broken nose, the swelling eyes, the busted lips— this, this was a sight to behold for park jimin.

he lived to see this at every point of his life ‘til now.

his mother was hesitant to make him live this kind of life, so abnormally violent and illegal but it brough happiness to jimin. seeing people getting hurt? that was his pleasure.

he can still perfectly remembered that time when his father decided to hand him a chicken to kill.

flashback

"father, why are we here?” a fifteen-year-old park jimin questioned as they walked in the dark grassy path of their livestock farm.

“what would you like for dinner son? chicken? or beef?” his father, park dae hee, the most powerful mafia leader at the moment, asked out of nowhere, opening the door to their chicken barn.

jimin was baffled but still willingly answered, “u-uh chicken..”

“come.” his father gestured for him to get closer.

his heart was beating so fast against his chest, his hands now clammy and sweaty against his sides.

“go catch one.” his father requested as he lit up a stick of cigarette, blowing the smoke on jimin’s face who immediately coughed because of the toxic air.

jimin spent almost a couple of hours trying to get a chicken in his hands, his white trousers now dirty from the amount he tried to pounce on the bird.

he was in the middle of catching a red headed hen when he heard his father clicked his tongue out.

“it’s already been three hours of catching and you didn't blessed me with one? how incompetent.” he flinched at his father’s words but it somehow sparked something in jimin’s inside as he turned around.

eyes darkening, “no. i am not, father.” he stated seriously but his father only answered in a scoff.

he watched as his father went inside the wired room, walking around as his eyes searched for every chicken.

“you can’t even catch a chicken without harming yourself.” his father commented as he crouched, slowly walking towards a corner, “when catching these animals.. you need to be patient, silent and violent—”

with that, his father caught one.

jimin’s eyes widened in shock, watching the now struggling chicken on his father’s grip.

“you want to join the federation?” his father asked as he walked towards jimin, the chicken still trashing around his grip.

“yes, father.” he answered, eyes casted down.