chapter 34

“did you know who did this to him?” namjoon queried as he glanced worrily at taehyung who was sitting alone in the sofa, blanket over his frame.

“he's not saying something about it. he's probably still in a state of shock.” jungkook sighed running his fingers on his hair.

he felt like tugging it at this moment.

taehyung got in danger once again and it's because of him. he didn't do enough to protect and guard the other, this could've been worse.

he hasn't informed the president about the commotion. he was afraid, afraid that the president might pull him out of this operation.

he don't want to— he can't leave taehyung when the younger is at risk.

“well, i requested to the school security department the footages of the cctv cameras on the area where it happened and it seemed like somebody hacked their system and deleted every tape of it.” namjoon sighed, he was stressed about everything that’s happening too.

it was so complicated.

“it must've been jimin’s doing.” jungkook looked at namjoon, who nodded in agreement.

“it could be. we just have to be sure so i called one of my friend from the forensics to check every object that the culprit could've touched. if they're smart enough, they could've used gloves but.. we just have to make sure.”

-

headache. that's what jungkook is feeling right now, a pain going on his head as lay awake at night.

sleep must have forgotten him tonight.

taehyung’s been worrying him a lot. the other couldn’t live a life outside without harm following him.

suddenly, taehyung’s crying face earlier flashed on jungkook’s head.

he hate it. he hate watching taehyung cry, he hate it when he couldn't do anything about it.

but one thing is for sure, he's not gonna held back once he confirms that jimin ordered this to happen.

he was shuffling on his bed, sighing frustratedly but silently since he doesn't wanna wake namjoon up.

jungkook decided to get up and go outside the kitchen, he went to the fridge and drank a glass of water which brought relief on his body.

he was about to return when he heard a noise inside taehyung’s room.

then a thud again. this time, quite louder.

his headache seemed to drift away as he hastily ran and opened taehyung’s room, expecting the worst scenario but instead, was met with taehyung sprawled on the floor examining his books.

taehyung seemed to have noticed jungkook’s presence because he turned towards the other, his eyes wide.

“im sorry, did i wake you?” taehyung asked as he stood up from his position, he bit his lip awkwardly when jungkook didn't respond.

he cleared his throat ease himself, “i-i couldn't sleep so i tried to fix my books for my classes tomorrow.”

and jungkook remained silent.

taehyung was starting to feel uneasy under the other’s heavy stare.

he was about to speak again when jungkook strided forward and engulfed him in a hug, he was a bit shock for a few seconds before relaxing on the other’s hold.

“im okay jungkook..” taehyung doesn't know but he felt the need to say it to the other but jungkook placed a long kissed on his forehead.

later on, two of them found their way on taehyung’s bed, snuggling soundly as taehyung rested his head under jungkook’s chin while the other traced unreadable patterns on his back.