Lady Rong's Regret

Many years have passed after Wei Ling's wedding, no letters or news about Heng Hui, so it was in inevitable that Wei Ling would get worried about Heng Hui.

While Wei Ling was making use of her time to prepare winter clothes for Wei Sheng and her 6-year-old son, Rong Yi Fang, a hawk flew into her courtyard perching itself on her windowsill. Wei Ling rushed over to the bird to find a golden latch with a message.

'Wei Ling, I want to invite you to meet with my children, Tang Su Su, Tang Fangsu and Tang Liansu. My family is living on an island far from the capital.'

Wei Ling was surprised that Heng Hui had given birth to children especially with the man who she was forced to marry. Nevertheless, Wei Ling prepared herself for the long trip to the island Heng Hui was now residing in. As Wei Ling was packing essentials to meet with her best friend on an island, "Are you sure, you should be travelling while you're pregnant?" Wei Sheng was terribly worried about the wellbeing for her travelling far away, "I think it's better that I come with you." Wei Sheng anxiously held onto Wei Ling's hand, who worried about the wellbeing of Wei Ling but also their unborn child. Her 6-year-old sat on the bed looking at the items that were in her luggage.

"Wei Sheng! I will be fine! You can leave the country on short notice, especially since you are the general of the Rong military," Wei Ling pouted, she was quite annoyed by her husband constant pleading about her safety and coming with her, "And even if you did come, you wouldn't be able to go past the barrier." Wei Ling closed her luggage to which she summoned a servant to carry for her to a carriage, giving a kiss on her son's forehead.

"Barrier? What could be so bad about the barrier?" Wei Sheng cocked his head to the side obviously confused. Taking Yi Fang from Wei Ling's arm.

Wei Ling sighed, "Beside the fact that it prevents anyone from entering," Wei Ling entered the carriage, leaning out of the window, "It would blast your limbs right off your body. Trust me, I have seen it happen before and it was not a pretty sight." Wei Ling explained the reason why Wei Sheng and Yi Fang couldn't come with her.

"Alright! I will wait for you here." Wei Sheng was devasted that he couldn't accompany her so that he could protect her from any danger.

"Make sure that that the two of you eat your meals, sleep early and look after each other," Wei Ling gave instructions for Wei Sheng to follow during her absence, "Also if the either of you gets sick, go to the doctor on the main street and get yourselves check-up." Wei Ling was still concerned about their health. Nevertheless, Wei Ling kissed her son on the forehead and kissed Wei Sheng on the lips.

"Take care, dear," Wei Sheng smile giddily, "Yi Fang waved bye-bye to your mother." Wei Sheng told his son who waved his short pudgy arms waving goodbye to his mother.

Wei Ling was taken to the port where she boarded herself on a ship with a Qilin emblem, which set off to sail to their destination. Upon arriving at the island, Wei Ling was amazed by the vast lush plant life that flourished on the untouched lands that humans have yet to monopolies. A servant around her early thirties escorted Wei Ling to the house that Heng Hui had been living in away from society. Once they entered the house, Wei Ling was surprised that a young child pranced around a baby cot which held two twin baby girls who were sound asleep but the most shocking part was that one of the twins had ash grey.

Wei Ling walked over to the cot to look at the ash grey-haired baby, smooth jade-like skin that was chubby indicating that she was well fed. A slight aroma of milk emitted from the baby, "Auntie? Who are you?" the small child asked Wei Ling as she had never seen many people besides her family on the island.

Wei Ling crouch to the child's level, eye to eye to each other, "I'm your mother's best friend," Wei Ling answered, but a sudden jolt made her stumble. Fortunately, she had caught herself before falling, "This child is a kicker." Wei Ling stood up, rubbing her swollen belly whilst knead her sore back muscles.