10. Resident Evil

5.18

Damon paced around the room with a drink in hand

"Wait, so you're telling me, that you're supposed to, what, fall in love with this guy named Malachai?"

He gulped his drink as Claire stared at him. "Yeah, I guess so. But there's always something more to this. I just don't know what," Claire said, frustrated.

Damon halted and turned to Claire, "You, my friend, are in need of a drink. Here." Damon grabbed a glass and poured bourbon in it and handed it to Claire.

"Thank you," Claire said as she thought about what she heard. "Nice to know I'm your friend," she said before gulping the bourbon.

"I have nothing better to do, but drink and mope around. So mine as well have a drinking buddy, little witch," Damon spoke, pouring himself another glass.

Claire eyed the Salvatore, annoyed. "You need to stop calling me little witch. I am a supreme psychic."

Damon rolled his eyes, "I don't care, and upgrading yourself to supreme psychic isn't gonna do any better."

Claire glared at Damon before speaking, "I've always been a supreme psychic, I just always only mention psychic when explaining. Besides, what happened to Enzo?"

Damon went ahead and sat on the bed next to Claire, "I don't know. But what I do know, is that he's coming over tomorrow to play some pool." Damon then gulped his drink, "You should join."

Claire thought for a moment before answering, "I'd love to join."

"Good," Damon replied, before realizing something. Claire sensed his uneasiness.

"What is it Damon?"

Damon turned to her, "When you said there was a bunch of people who chanted and took you down, what if they were the Travelers?"

Claire grew wide eyed before Damon broke her thinking, "But that doesn't make sense when you put Malachai there-"

"Unless it was an inception," Claire stated. Damon grew perplexed at Claire, "What? A dream within a dream?"

"Yes, instead it would be events. An event within an event. Damon, psychics can experience something happening in the future. Most of the time, it's one event. However, sometimes, they could be experiencing two events at once, but the events are combined to make it look like one. The only catch is, these two events could take place at different times."

"When?" Damon asked.

"That's the thing, no one knows. They could be years apart. Months. Days. Minutes. Seconds."

"So what you're saying is that you talking to Malachai and being attacked, possibly by the Travelers, is two different events." Damon looked at his empty glass and mentally concluded himself, "Makes sense. Would that be the case of the vision you just went through?"