➳ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐑𝐀𝐖 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 ➳

CHAPTER FOUR: RAW TALENT

CHAPTER FOUR:
RAW TALENT

A SERIES OF EVENTS HAD OCCURRED SINCE THE PACK MEETING. First; Lydia, the banshee, she had thrown a hissy fit when she found out Wanda had been living out of a motel. This led to her insisting that Wanda stay with her for the time being until she could find a place more permanent.

Second; after their encounter with the Hellhound, and he had run off, his body had been found by Scott who was trying to track him. The alpha had come to the conclusion that the bullet had been shot by a hunter— which was a problem.

("What do you mean— hunters?" Wanda hissed.

Scott sighed. "Hunters. They hunt supernaturals; like us."

Wanda scoffed. "Oh, that's just fantastic then.")

Scott and Malia were currently tracking the killer, leaving Wanda feeling utterly useless. She could help. She could stop bullets with her mind! But Scott had insisted on the fact that the hunters couldn't know of her arrival in town yet.

Which was smart, of course, she had an advantage. But that didn't stop her from being annoyed.

Natalie Martin, Lydia's mother, had greeted her kindly—although Wanda could sense the suspicion and fear coming off her in waves— and welcomed her, setting her up in their guest room. She hadn't seen much of the woman since, who was most likely actively avoiding her. Lydia told her she was the principal at the HighSchool, probably actively-avoiding-her-there.

Wanda sat on the guest bed, her eyes closed. For the second time in two days, she was attempting to meditate. There was a sense of foreboding in the air, and it was driving her crazy. Like something bad was about to happen and Wanda couldn't figure out what it was.

And silent, it was painfully silent. Before the split, before the fight in Germany— the Avengers headquarters had always been so loud. Albeit it being Natasha cursing someone out, or Stark and Steve arguing. Sometimes Sam would mess with one of Starks creations and would set off a series of crashes that just drove everyone crazy.

And while on the run, she was hardly ever alone. Someone was always by her side— Vision, Nat, Steve, Barnes. Oh what she would give to be able to be by Vision right now.

You can't, what's left of him is a gray shell in Wakanda, she thought bitterly.

Wanda's eyes snapped open at the sound of a knock on wood, groaning. Oh great.

Lydia peaked her head into the room, a polite smile on her face. "Hey— Stiles was watching the radio for any suspicious calls from the police. They found his body."