Chapter 9: Training & Goodbyes

Saturday morning, I was woken up by the sound of "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, which happened to be Callie's alarm. Or... Maybe mine?

"Get up, ya lazy!" Callie yelled.

I groaned loudly and rolled over. Onto the floor. "Craaapppp" I yelled. I heard Callie burst into uncontrollable laughter. "Shut up." I mumbled groggily. With my eyes still closed, I went to go take a shower. I wouldn't be so tired if every time Callie came over and we went to "sleep" she would actually stop talking. It was always a good time though.

I quickly showered and got dressed. It was a chilly day, so I put on under armor with a plain red tee. I found some yoga pants since we would be training, I would need to be as flexible as possible. Which wasn't very much.

"Ready?" I asked Callie. She has on a sweatshirt and matching sweat pants. Her hair was pulled up into a low pony tail like mine.

She nodded her head, "Yuppers, let's go." She grabbed her keys and we left. It was a fun drive, we blasted the music and sang our hearts out. When we arrived at the field on the outskirts of Camlia, we were all giddy and happy. We walked over to where everyone was. Except Cameron wasn't there, of course. The one place he had to be, he wasn't. I rolled my eyes at him being "fashionably late". Lined up was Arabelle, a guy that must have been her guardian, and a girl that was probably Callie's guardian. I almost drooled at the sight of Arabelle's guardian. He was 6'4 with jet black hair and ocean blue eyes. His jaw was chiseled perfectly, along with his yummy biceps. He was so muscley you could see his abs through his shirt. Before I could embarrass myself any further, Arabelle started introductions.

"Hey guys! Ok so this is my guardian," she said pointing to the handsome man.

"Hello, I'm Jacob." He said with a small shy smile.

"And this is Callie's guardian Gena." She said pointing to the gorgeous young girl.

"Hey," she said emotionlessly while studying her nails. She seemed like a total snob.

"Hi, I'm Skye, nice to meet ya!" I greeted, still slightly hyper from the car ride.

"So, um, Skye...where's your guard?" Arabelle asked confused.

"Probably speeding in his car somewhere. Maybe flying around like the arrogant ass he is." I answered simply a little ticked off he wasn't there. "But he probably won't be here for a while so we should go ahead and start training without him."

We went over to where the grass was lower in the middle of the field. Callie and I lined up next to each other with the other three across from us.

"Ok guys let's do some stretches. Wouldn't wanna pull anything." She said smiling. Knowing me I definitely will if I don't stretch. We all did some lunges and other stretches for a few minutes.

Jacob spoke up now, "Ok to start off easy today we are going to work on cardio. We need to be fast to avoid any hits." Alright this should be ok, I'm good at running. "Let's do...3 miles? That's about 5 laps from that tree," he said pointing far off in the distance,"to the side of the woods there." He said pointing to the other side. Okay...not too bad...right?

After about 40 minutes, we were finished. I was exhausted after that. I sat down on the ground and took deep breaths.

"Ok good run. Every time we meet we will do that as our warmup." Jacob said softly.

"Wait a minute that was a warmup??" I accidentally blurted out. I may run a lot but I usually didn't do anything afterwards. My cheeks burned red when Gena laughed coldly at my outburst. What is her problem?

"Wow, and she's the 'special' one?" Gena said.

"What is your problem?" I questioned annoyed. I walked straight up to and glared at her, but before anything could happen, Callie stopped us.