😱Ch.3: Nothing to Fear😱

Tonight's topic of talk at the "Save the University" Charity Book Signing at Gotham Towers is regarding a string of robberies within the University. Flitters of conversation whisk past Six, or rather, "Adrian's" sharp hearing as "he" signs some of his own novels from his adoring fan base.

"It's a tragedy what's been happening to the university."

"Robberies, vandalism?!"

"Where will it end?"

"Adrian" is not the only one listening in on the gossip. Dr. Long, a professor at the University, packs his papers in his briefcase before turning to leave the event in a hurry. 

The man barely makes it two steps before he's called out for by Summer Gleeson

"Dr. Long?" She rushes until she falls into step with the University professor. "Dr. Long; I'm Summer Gleeson from the Gotham Insider. Can I ask you a few questions about the recent robberies?" She starts up her tape recorder, ready to catch every word, before he even gives his answer.

Luckily for the reporter, the professor is in a cooperative mood, despite his prickly demeanor towards what is happening within his place of work. "Alright, but I'm in a hurry."

The two follow a steady pace to the nearest elevator.

"Dr. Long; do you have any idea why someone would want to destroy the university?"

"No, but one more disaster and students would be afraid to set foot on this campus."

The reporter and professor pass by a certain billionaire bachelor upon entering the elevator, who steps aboard to join them on their way down.

"Hello, Summer." Bruce greets with a smile.

"Hold that elevator!" 'Adrian' calls out, sprinting to the elevator.

Bruce holds the door open to accommodate his close friend and partner.

"Bruce! Adrian! What a pleasant surprise."

The elevator begins its slow descent. Though with the tenseness inside, it feels slower than molasses.

"Dr. Long, have you met Adrian Seidelman and Bruce Wayne?"

Bruce extends a hand towards the professor but is ultimately ignored. The latter does, however, acknowledge "Adrian's" literary prowess in his novels.

"Your father and I attended university together." Dr. Long states to Bruce as he presses the button for the 30th floor. "He had big plans for you."

"Well, I guess he'd be pleased. Wayne Industries is more prosperous than ever." Bruce replies.

"Pleased?" Dr. Long scoffs. "When your father was alive, Wayne was a name that commanded great respect. Now all Wayne stands for is a self-centered, jet-setting playboy." His words acting as metaphorical daggers, driving into Bruce. "It's lucky your father didn't live to see what you've done to his good name. He'd have died of shame." He finishes harshly as he departs from the elevator and onto his floor.