58) The Surprise

All of us gathered into the large limo, drinking champagne and laughing as we talked

All of us gathered into the large limo, drinking champagne and laughing as we talked. It was me, Gabriel, Darian's two friends Gavin and Aaron, Arya, Honoka, Clay, Alissa and of course, Kenji and Darian.

"Yo, who does this shit?" Aaron asked while glancing at all of us. "Aren't Kenji and Darian supposed to have separate bachelor parties?"

Darian kissed his teeth. "Hell nah. I don't want my friends separated."

"Exactly," Arya agreed. "I want to celebrate with both my boys. Don't need to choose."

"We have two private rooms at the club," Clay said. "We can alternate who we spend time with."

"So, it is separate," Honoka said.

"Obviously," Alissa said. "Kenji and Darian need to let loose. They don't need to be watching each other's every move."

Kenji nudged his partner. "Don't have too much fun, Darian."

Gavin smirked. "Oh, he will."

"Man." Darian lightly punched his arm. "I can say the same about you, Kenji."

"You bitches better have too much fun," Arya said with a frown. "That's what you do at a bachelor's party."

I raised my glass up. "Cheers to that."

Everyone else did as well, and we continued drinking and listening to the booming music. Well, everyone except Arya and Gavin drank. Something about him being straightedge. We offered to have the night be alcohol-free out of respect for Arya's sobriety, but she said she had enough self-control to not drink, even if we did. We enjoyed our time in the limo before arriving at the club. It was one of the most popular adult clubs in Shirley Heights. There was a basic area to dance and have drinks. Then there was the option of a private show with some adult entertainment.

We all sat together at a public table. Some people danced, mostly the pairs like Aaron and Arya, Clay and Alissa and Kenji and Darian.

"Dance with me." Gabriel grabbed my arm and pulled me to the dance floor.

I groaned. "Gabriel."

"Come on." We moved to the music, our bodies pressed together. "Loosen up."

Honoka and Gavin sat at the table silently, and I knew that must have been awkward. There was nothing worse than being forced to be around an ex from a relationship that ended badly.

"Poor Gavin and Honoka," I said in Gabriel's ear so he could hear me.

He turned around to face me with his arms around my neck. "I know right. Maybe this wedding will help them reconcile."

I rose a brow. "I wouldn't count on it."

The two seemed more than happy as more people returned to the table, allowing them to talk to others.