Chapter 9

"Mia!" Newt yelled. "What have you done?"
Newt shut the boat door and grabbed the gun out of Mia's hands. She sat on the floor and cried. Newt stepped over the bodies, and walked over to Jessica.
"They tried to kill me, Newt! I had to!" Mia wailed.
Newt squatted down next to Jessica. She was dead for sure. There was a bullet straight through her head. Newt became angry. He threw his arms up in the air and stared right into Mia's eyes.
"How could you?" Newt screamed. "She was your cousin!"
Mia covered her face. "I'm sorry!"
Newt picked up Mia by the arm and looked her in the eyes. "Where did you learn to shoot and gun?"
Mia shrugged. "They came close enough then I just started pulling the trigger."
Newt threw a garbage bag over Mia and grabbed her arm. "Your coming with me."
Mia cried as they walked out of the boat and ran as fast as they could back into the building. Newt let go of Mia's hand.
"Follow me. And don't leave me." He said.
Mia nodded. "Ok."
Newt and Mia ran down the hallways to where Janson still sat, looking tired. Newt bent down to Janson and took the garbage bag off of Mia. He wrapped it tightly around Janson's bullet wound.
"Where's Jessica?" Janson asked. "And why is Mia here?"
Newt stared at Mia "Nobody needs saving anymore. We'll be having to throw a few bodies out of the boat. Then we need t' go find different shelter. This place ain't worth it."
Janson stood up weakly. "What did she do?" Janson asked tensly.
"Killed 'em all." Newt said. "Bloody girl said they all tried to kill her."
Janson picked up the little girl by the shirt and raised her in the air. "You did what?"
"Killed them!" Mia screamed then cried so hard it startled Janson and Newt.
"Shut up!" Janson said as he set Mia down and covered her mouth with his dirty hand.
"We better get out of here." Newt said.
As they ran back to the boat, Mia almost burned up. They got inside and shut the boat door. The dead bodies still lay everywhere. Janson's face burned with anger. He screamed a scream Newt never knew a man could scream.
Janson picked up the bodies solemnly and tossed them out a window, into the burning ocean. He cried as he did so. He left Jessica's for last. Heaving a huge breath, he let her slip out the window. Gone forever in a sea of bodies.