Chapter 1

Isabelle ran as fast as her vampire speed would allow her. She came to a door and quickly ran inside.

"Mother, Father, Siblings! They're coming!" She yelled throughout the house.

There mother and father were very alert.

"Isabelle, take Connor and Luke to the cellar and hurry!" There father yelled.

Isabelle, gathered her two younger brothers and pulled them down in the cellar with her and sat in the dark.

The only thing that was heard was Isabelle's heavy breathing.

They heard a loud crash come from upstairs and they all jumped. Isabelle held her brother's close to her. There was hissing and thumping until it all stopped.

Isabelle closed her eyes and hoped for the best. She heard the cellar door open and she looked up the steps.

There stood the head vampire, Jake.

"Run!" She yelled at her brothers and they scattered around the room

"Ah well if it isn't, Isabelle." Jake smiled wickedly, his eyes glaring at her.

She hissed her fangs sprouting out and her eyes glowing red.

He hissed back and flew down the steps, tackling her.

They tumbled for awhile until, Isabelle was pinning Jake down. Right before she could bite into his throat, he kicked her off him and she flew to the top of the steps.

She quickly hissed at him before running. On her way out the house, she found her mother and father dead. She held back to tears and ran out the door.

She jumped up and took flight into the air. Now Isabelle wasn't one to take advantage of her powers unless necessary. She flew over the town and into another one. She quietly landed behind a small gift shop.

She put away her fangs and returned her eyes back to hazel. She found a small rock and cut her arm, face, and leg. She ripped pieces of her shirt off and pants. She messed up her hair, peeked around the corner than ran to the nearest house.

She knocked fast and looked around again. A guy with light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes opened the door. He didn't look any older than Isabelle, well technically she was over 100 years old but according to humans she was 18.

Isabelle put on her best scared and innocent face.

"My family was just attacked by vampires and I have no where to go, can I please come in!?" She asked in a hurry.

He was hesitant at first and then quickly pulled her in, shutting the door behind them.

"Thank you." She said.

"What's your name?" His voice was deep and husky.

"I-Isabelle, its a very nice home you have." She complimented.

"My name is Mason and you look hurt." He said.

"The vampires tried to kill me, I managed to get away."

"I'm not sure I believe you, there's only one way you can get away from a vampire is if you are one." He hissed.

"Actually my brother sacrificed his life for mine, he tackled the woman before she could do any more harm to me." She lied.

"I'm sorry dear, excuse my son he's very protective." A woman who looked about 40 said.

"Mother I told you to rest." Mason mumbled.

"And who died and made you king?'' She asked.

"Please sit, I'll go fetch my medicine bag." She said and walked off.

Isabelle sat at the small rounded table and let her eyes wonder.

"Where did you come from?" Mason asked.

"A town about two miles from here." She nodded.

"And you made it?" He asked suspicious.

"I had a car, it broke down half a mile away from here, so I ran the rest of the way."

"Well I'll tell you, that your one tough girl."

"I do what I need to in order to survive."

"So do I, I kill vampires for a living."

"You say it as if your getting paid to do it." She said.

"Maybe I am, you don't know much about me."

"But what I do know is after they all became known, the government started to fall apart and money didn't matter. So if you were getting paid, it would be useless." She shrugged.

"You know much about the vampires, huh?" He asked, eyeing her.

"Yes I do, my father in fact killed vampires too. He taught me much so if he ever died I would know how to protect myself."

"Didn't work much?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes, "If you found yourself, bloodied, family probably dead, with no where to go, you would've done the same thing." She growled.

"But here's the thing, princess, I don't run from a situation. Unlike you, my father taught me well."

She slammed her hands down and stood up, "Well I'm sorry that my dad was too busy trying to keep my family alive and since I'm the only girl and the oldest he had to teach me! Do you think I wanted him to teach me? I can't do half the things he did, vampires are too strong."

Mason on laughed dryly, "Was that suppose to make me feel bad? Besides vampires are weak, clearly you are too."

"Mason Carter Smith, that's not how we treat out guests!!" His mother yelled.

"She's my guest so I can say whatever I want to her!"

"Now I raised you better than that." She said.

He huffed, "I'll be in my room."