CH.2

Chapter 2

(Reader P.O.V.)

I found it strange that Izaya lived in the same building as me but it's not like he'd ever find out anyways. I stepped out of the elevator and walked to my room, 310, which is all the way down the hall and around a corner. When I turned the corner I saw three guys with black clothes on, and their only colour was them wearing blue scarves and hats. I decided to ignore them and open the door to my room when one of them put a hand on my shoulder. I froze.

"Hey kid, do you know if a kid named Masaomi Kida is in apartment 309?" he asked. I sighed in relief and turned around and looked.

"Uh... I don't know, I just moved here actually so I don't know any of the neighbors or anyone, I'm sorry," I said and bowed.

"Damn, well thanks anyways," he said. I smiled and opened my door and closed it quickly behind me. Was that one of the colour gangs Izaya told me about?

Then I remembered what Izaya said to me, "fine, get raped, what do I care?!"

I sighed annoyed and took off my jacket. I like Shizuo better anyways, Shizuo doesn't pin me up against walls and doors... I got an annoyed face and felt my tummy, it started to growl loudly and I moaned, "I don't think I ever got groceries," I slapped my cheek and groaned loudly. When I walked to my bed I plopped down and felt something hard and heard a groan. I propped myself up and looked to find a sleeping blonde boy.

He woke up and glared at me, "did you have to wake me up that way _____?"

"Uh..." I was so surprised to find someone sleeping in MY bed, in MY apartment. I jumped off of him quickly and yelled, "who-who are you?!"

His eyes opened wide and he jumped up and covered my mouth, pinning me down, "Sh... they're after me."

"Do you mean the people out there?" I asked him... though I should've known that he must be the one they're looking for. "Wait, how did you even get in here?"

He pointed to the key by my bedside table and said quietly, "they left it for you under your doormat, every time someone is new they always leave it there, stupid thing to do." I rolled my eyes and silently cursed the apartment staff. He let go, laid back down and sighed.

"Hey buddy, do you know if Masaomi Kida lives here, in room 309?" I heard the guy with the blue hat say. I looked at Masaomi and his eyes went wide in fear. I was curious of who was by our doors and I heard the voice.

"That comes at a price, I don't just give out people's addresses, especially not someone in middle school," Izaya said.

I heard Masaomi growl and sit up, "if they find me here, with you, you're going to get hurt." I just now noticed that Masaomi was wearing a yellow scarf.

I jumped up away from him and he looked at me confused, "are you part of a colour gang too?!" I said and a bit too loud because Masaomi covered my mouth again and glared at me. Next thing I know there's a knock at the door. Our eyes widened and we stared at the door.

(Izaya P.O.V.)

I went down to floor 3 and knocked on every door, they all opened but had mostly annoyed middle schoolers in them. Why was ______ on the lower level floors? Whatever I need to find her, I turned the corner and saw some Blue Squares.

"Hey buddy, do you know if Masaomi Kida lives here, in room 309?" the guy in the blue hat asked me.

"That comes at a price, I don't just give out people's addresses, especially not someone in middle school," I said to him, he glared at me and stepped towards me and we heard someone yelling.