[Chapter 11]Dancing in Blenheim

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxgm-Xo1GE

^The Viennese Waltz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBKTN6c_MEQ

^Waltz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0VCsmlX60&t=25s

^The Quickstep

~~~~~~  

(Skip the chairs and things, and pretend it's night time.)

I had no time to appreciate the majesty of the ball room before the hired host old us all to line up. I was confused for a second before he elaborated. All the countries line up in one line, and the capitals in another. Both lines will be parallel, with everyones backs to each other. Then they are going to move the countries around so no one can know who their partner will be. They will do this for every song. 

So I find Sakura, which was not easy, what with her blending in with her white and pink dress, and we lined up together. Sakura was giggling a little, and I knew she was laughing at the ridiculous factor in all of this. The point of the ball is to meet new countries and make new connections, so what if we just find the same people? 

Either way, we turned around to greet our partners. 

China, huh, never saw that coming. I suppose he is sort of a new person to me, we never interacted much. And they announced that we were to dance a Viennese Waltz, I was sure I saw Austria and Vienna bristle in pride somewhere. As it happens, you do not bow first in the waltz, and accordingly, China and I and every other personification got into position. 

China struck up a conversation, as many other pairs were doing, as we started to walk. 

"So, enjoying yourself so far?"

I smile a little, although not a bright one. 

"Not as much as I would like to."

And as we bowed and curtsied to each other, he responded with a smirk I had not seen since world war two. 

"Well then, let me change that."

As we glided around in the traditional circle, I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"I never took you for much of a flirt, China."

"I am over four thousand years old, I can not be serious for all of them."

I giggle a little as he spun me. 

"Is that so? Do you just take years off?"

I smiled at me. 

"More like nights off, and if it's to make a fellow personification smile, then I can spare myself and act a little more aloof." 

I smile as we stand still, the couples next to us still moving, as per the dance. 

"I wouldn't call you aloof, China."

"Just you wait, Washington, by the end of the night I will be as bad as South Korea."

"I very much doubt that."

He smirked again, an expression I was quickly learning to like. 

"Is that a Challenge?"

"Only if you take it that way."

"I most certainly take it that way."

"Then go ahead, prove me wrong."

As the dance ended, we payed our due respects, and returned to the lines. It was so fun not to know who you would get, and my night was quickly turning into something amazing. This would be fun.