{6} I didn't mean to

147 Days More

We were walking in the darkness which looked like an ally when it surrounded us like a guardian. Their confidence evolved from dark sources, still it emitted light on them. This light was blinding me. It made me weak, so that I would remain in the darkness, get lost in them, get lost in the dark. They were walking side by side, just like a strong chain. Alex was in the middle, composing the whole team. Those moves, those looks, their walk, were all sparks of confidence that terrified you. They were dangerous. The city knew about a squad that was on the streets, few were those who had truly found out about them. Did anyone wonder what's behind all this confidence and danger? One thing is for sure. Depravity.

"Cigarette, anyone?" Emma asked as she was walking. No one answered.

"Wonderful." she mumbled sarcastically.

"Why don't you just get some?" my terrorist addressed her.

"I don't have any money Alex!" she exclaimed and rolled her eyes.

He stopped walking and everyone did the same.

"Who said you need money?" he answered with a smirk.

"You think I'm not capable Alex?" she asked him with an ironic voice.

"Of course you are." he laughed.

She then formed a wide smile in her face and stood upon us.

"I need a partner in crime. Who's in?" she asked all of us and put her hand on her waist.

"Eva. She needs to learn." Alex beat everyone to it. He turned to face my pale face.

"Eva, move your ass!" Emma told me, nodding me to follow her and Alex pushed me forcefully so I moved.

I obeyed and followed her lead. I started nervously pulling my jacket's sleeve. We stood in front of the store that would fall victim to our intentions. It was nothing special. It was a single shop that was separated with shelves that had various products on them.

"No cameras? Piece of cake!" she said laughing and continued scanning the building.

"I don't know..." I mumbled feeling the insecurities filling me.

"I will only be a packet of cigarettes. Chill the fuck out!" she told me in a low tone, so that no one could hear her. She rolled her eyes and I sighed.

"There's a cop there. Watch him out." she warned me and I nodded.

We entered the shop and I immediately felt the pleasing song of the store, creating a beautiful atmosphere, that made me feel kinda better. Recalling our intention though, my thoughts darkened again. The customers were few, an extra privilege we had. They were all walking around staring at the prices of the products.

"Keep the cashier busy, I'm going to take the cigarettes. Try not to make sharp movements that can draw attention." she whispered in a steady tone and I nodded for once again.

I approached the cashier and tried to cool my body from the quivering that was torturing it. I tried to occupy him with random question I was making up. As for Emma...

She looked around anxious and as soon as she made sure no one was looking at her, she grabbed the packet and putted it inside her pocket. The cashier was talking to me, but I was ignoring him.

"Okay thanks." I abruptly told him and moved to the exit.

As soon as Emma passed the exit, the store's alarm started ringing in our ears. Suddenly all the customers as well as the cashier looked at us anxious. Everyone went into uproar and I suddenly couldn't feel my legs.