{25} It's him

«I'm leaving.» he continued in a low tone.

«What?» I yelled and my face turned pale.

He looked upset too. His face was concerned and he avoided eye contact. He preferred to look down to the soulless floor, while his words were fighting to come out.

«Whe..where are you going? You're coming back right?» I asked him worried and walked two steps forward.

He finally looked in my eyes and hectically shook his head negatively.

«I don't think so.» he mumbled.

My throat went dry and I felt the room getting smaller, as if the walls were crashing me. I fell into his arms, totally ignoring my brother's presence.

He wrapped his arm around my back, looking around lost.

Aries coughed, looking at the floor awkwardly. However he didn't talk. I'm sure he wasn't in the mood and he also knew it wasn't the right time.

«When are you leaving?» I asked him moving my body away from his.

«Tomorrow.» he silently replied.

I sighed.

«Why fuck, why?» I asked emphasizing the words, while they were coming out of my mouth, without me thinking.

«My father found a better job, so I'm going back there..»

I was looking at him disappointed with my pupils trembling like two water drops. I have no idea if I ever felt something more than a friendly care for him. The only thing I know is that I don't want to lose him.

{...}

96 Days More

The next day, I knew I should have been prepared for John's leaving and..

Alex's arrival.

My life was in such a good path this month and suddenly everything fell apart. I'm one of those people who experiences 'spring' only one month out of the whole year and the rest months I just have to survive one hell of an Ice Age that tests my strengths.

We were back on the abandoned building. Up on the roof for once again. Alex would be there at any minute. Unless everything was a lame joke. Or.. changed his mind. Or.. lied in his effort to show me that he wants to leave him alone.

Totally normal, not trusting someone like Alex.

While everyone else was smoking, talking and laughing with their achievements in this.. "oppressive society", their words sounded blur to me, as I was looking afar waiting for Alex. I was having a talk with myself about all those insecurities that were surrounding me.

At one point I was convinced he won't come. The moment all my hopes were abandoned, I descried his figure from afar.

His characteristic attractive walk. It's him. It's been one month and it feels like one year. My heart is ready to explode. My palms are gradually raising as he approaches. They're pounding with force as if they want to bruise me. The oxygen is getting less as if he's stealing it from me. I don't know why I react like that.

Mario turns around and sees him.

«Alex?» he shouts while it's hard even for him to believe.

No one seemed to believe him either, until they turned around and saw him themselves. They were shocked too.