Just Listen...

Kyle

    I can’t believe what I just walked in to. Alexa  had her hands behind her back, with tears streaming down her face, she looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes, in pain. I  wanted to do something, but I stood frozen, and that is my biggest regret. A man in a mask throws her against a wall and tells her not to move, and I watch desperately as  her small body slowly sinks into the floor. He came over to me,  and before I had time to defend myself, punched me right in the face.  He leaned over and told me if I told anyone what was happening, he would kill her on the spot. The last thing I remember is hearing Alexa’s muffled screams and sobs, and then footsteps leading out of the house. Then, the dark consumed me, and I became unconscious.

I have failed her again.

8:34 PM

    I could hear muffled voices as I started coming to. I can’t really make out what they are saying.

“Alexa gjiodhgj fjdfj fdghor hgdrerik ghfz”

“kdjk yafjj eushth?”

It suddenly became more clear.

“Kristine, we have to call them or we will look suspicious”

“If we don’t call nobody will know anyway”

I know this is Alexa’s parents talking. What do they mean?

I don’t want to wake up and tell them what I had witnessed, but I have to eventually.

I slowly let my eyes flutter open. I could see Kristine, Alexa’s mom hovering over me.

“Get off my floor”, Kristine said.

“I- I came to pick up my shirt”

the white bag was still sitting on top of the piano where Alexa had left it. I couldn’t stop myself this time, I started to cry. I had let someone kidnap and possibly kill the love of my life. She meant everything to me and now she was just- gone. It felt like my whole world was crashing down.

“why are you crying?” Kristine says in a raspy voice.

I can suddenly feel the pain of the punch I endured and put a hand on my face to see if I was bleeding. Of course I was. I want to redo the whole scene over again. I want Alexa back.

“ He took her” is all i manage to say through the tears streaming down my face.

“What?”

I am starting to become confused.

“A man. A man took her and I couldn’t save her.”

I continue to cry. Alexa’s mom just stands there.

“arent you going to do something, Mrs. Stavne?” I shout through my tears.

She continues to stand there while Mr. Stavne calls 911, reporting his missing daughter. But i can tell something isn’t right. It’s almost as if they don’t care.