Teenage Runaway

Kyle

The cops don't believe my story. They think that we got in a fight and she ran away, not able to deal with the pressures of senior year anymore.  Her mom tells him that she has run away before and that it was highly probable that is what happened again. They wouldn’t even take into account what I saw. It was Kristine’s word against mine. I tried to tell them she wouldn’t do that, and I keep begging them to look further into her disappearance but they won't listen and neither will her parents. In the case report they listed her as a runaway, and her parents did nothing to stop it.

This means that there will be no investigation and we have to wait and see if she turns up, but i doubt her parents even care if she does.  I can see worry in her dad’s eyes and tears streaming down her mothers face. But they don’t seem genuine. It seems like she forced the tears. I would have to either find proof that she was taken, or do this myself.

February 4th, 2015

Alexa

    I can hear Gabe walking towards the door and I am ready to launch my attack. This is my second attempt to escape to find help so I can get Lola out of this basement. I run straight into him, but this time instead of throwing me back down the stairs he throws me on the floor and starts hitting me repeatedly, I desperately try to get up but I can feel his anger and frustration almost as much as I can feel the pain in my gut, and I give up.

I don't know how many days have passed, but I’ve been here at least two weeks. Everyday is the same. My rations of food grew a little bit over time, then slowly began to shrink, now I am at four pieces of bread a day. I give Lola 3 and eat one myself. Every morning I wake up and just sit, trying to come up with a way out. I can hear my mom’s voice all the time, talking to Gabe in a loving way. Lola wasn’t going to live much longer if I didn’t come up with a plan, he still doesn't know she is alive, because during the day she goes back into the box, for fear he might find her and really kill her this time, which is understandable. He is a monster. I know she only has a couple days left in her, and eventually that would be my fate as well. But I am holding on to hope that soon someone will find me. Yesterday i heard my mom talking, she said “Do it soon” which proably means I wont be alive much longer. He knocked me unconscious the other day and when I woke up he had taken a knife and slashed my knee open. It wasn't a deep cut but it was the first time he had used a weapon on me. I’ve learned to be strong and not give in no matter what he does. He can crush my spirit and physically hurt me all he wants but as long as i’m still breathing, i’m going to fight.

Kyle

        It had been 17 days since Alexa had gone missing. I’ve put most of my energy into finding her. I even went door to door once just hoping that she would open the door, which i know is probably impossible but I tried. And I’m not going to stop trying until I find her. The police decided to open an investigation since she has been gone for more than a week, but they have no leads and no evidence that points to where she went. They say right now, it is a waiting game. But waiting isn't solving anything. I saw a blonde at the grocery store the other day while i was handing out fliers and even ran over to the poor girl and yelled Alexa’s name. But it wasn't her. My parents have tried to get me to focus on school and work but I cant. I was at the police station yet again with detective Alex, who I have become very close to. This had happened to his sister a couple months ago and they haven’t found her yet. Her name is Lola Wilkinson and she went missing from their home in August. He said there is a good chance she isn’t alive, but I really hope she is. I hope they both are. But I am starting to have doubts myself. I haven’t let myself think this way yet but as more days pass and the investigation goes no where, I can't help it anymore. I can only imagine what he was doing to her- what he had done. What he was about to do. And I couldn't stomach the thought.