Chapter 2

I got up from bed and took a peak out the window, It was morning. It didn't feel like a morning, I wonder if that thing is around here. I slowly make my way out the room, walking past the kitchen and to the door. I check the peeping hole to see who it is. It's the Mexican girl from C5, she kept looking around and kept knocking. I opened the door and she came inside closing the door behind her. "What's up with people just coming in without even asking" I said chuckling a bit. She looked at me with tears and fear in her eyes "what happened out there?!" She raised her voice. "Shut it! We don't know if it's still there" C4 quietly said like closing the curtain. "Sorry, but what the hell happened??" She whispered. "We don't even know. He was out there and he looked at me in the eyes.." C4 looked down a little sad. "He looked at you with red eyes too??" I said a little surprised. "Y-yeah?" He stuttered. "I saw it a few hours before the whole disaster! Do u think it will come back?.." I asked with a shaky voice. We all looked at each other and we heard heavy steps, from a far and faint but could be heard. We all ran into my room and closed the door gently and getting into the closet. The footsteps came closer, then it went silent. True silence, never heard nothing like it. Then a load roar, a beast roar who only has anger. I heard the door break and it coming in. It was huge so I'm not surprised if it broke the side of the door and the wall. I heard it come to my room and it's heavy breathing indicated where it was. It broke the door down, we all jumped a little. The thing went in rampage and started to break everything along with the walls and the ceiling. Making parts drop down, after a few minutes. The thing exhaled angrily and breaking window and going out, taking part of the wall with it. A few seconds later we slowly came out of closet, we all looked at each other and realized we were in an exposed spot. We walked back to the living room, moving aside the broken ceiling and wall pieces, We all sat down. "We cant stay here any longer" C4 said. "You think I wanna stay here?? This place sucks and it's scary.."C5 exclaimed with fear in her voice. "You both still haven't even introduced yourself. How about we do that first and then we decide what the hell we are gonna do? Does that sound good? Yeah? Cool" I said. "Names Nathan Bailey, I was part of the football team but guess there's no more of that huh. And yeah I am from C4" Nathan said. Nathan looked like a Nathan, somewhat. He had brown dark hair, pale but not too pale and blue eyes. He was about as tall as I was. If not a little taller. I noticed a necklace on him. "What's that?" I asked pointing at his necklace. "Oh that? Um nothing it was just a birthday gift." He said while tucking it inside the shirt. It looked like a tooth? Of some sort. It was kinda weird but it looked like a normal necklace. "Well my name is Mary Rodrìgrez. I think my family is dead and I'm fucking freaking out and I wanna get away from here because I know they are but i don't wanna admit it. It sucks because this is the place we moved to after we came from Mexico." She started to tear up. "Yeah let's get moving, this place isn't safe anymore" Nathan got up and started heading to the door. I got up quickly "hold on, it's just as dangerous outside as it is in here" I exclaimed. "Well I don't think I wanna die inside the same place everyone else did, do you want to?" He asked raising an eyebrow like I'm supposed to agree with him. "I guess? I mean yeah sure" I agreed with him knowing it wasn't smart. Mary whipping her tears and getting up "it's better than dying in here yeah" she said confident. I won't lie she looked pretty when she did that. She walked down the hall to her apartment. Me and Nathan looked at each other knowing her family is dead and she's probably crying right now. "I'll go and pack some stuff, bring a little bit of food not too much. Too much weight could be the death of us" he said while walking out and waving at me. I nodded and went to my room to get my backpack. I packed 2 pairs of clothes, a few canned food and a sketchbook. Incase I got bored or I wanted to draw them. By them I mean those beasts. We've only seen 1 beast and 1 not so much of a beast, But he was terrifying nonetheless. I grabbed a metal stick that was used for my curtains. I duck taped 2 knives at the end like a spear. I walked towards C4 room and I saw him looking at a picture. It was him and what I assume his girlfriend. "Man, I don't think she's.. alive anymore" he said in a sad tone. I put my hand on his shoulder "she won't have to survive this hell then" I said patting his shoulder. "You're right" he responded and putting the picture on his pocket. He turned around and we made our way to Mary's apartment . We knocked and she opened the door. Her eyes were red from what I could tell crying. Her cheeks showed dried tears and her nose was a little red. She walked out without saying and word and closing the door behind her. Me and Nathan agreed not to ask or mention this. We both made our way downstairs, making it out the building and to the gate. We all exchanged looks and nodded while exhaling, and then we opened the gate.I think that was the first mistake we made because he was very pleased to know humans were around him. We heard a roar, a very load roar that made us cover our ears and squat a bit. We knew that wasn't the beast we saw earlier.. it's something new, and we were terrified. We rushed out the gate onto the right, And there it stood. We didn't know if we would've survived. But we were scared nonetheless.