Derek Finds Out You're Pregnant

"I need to go," Derek says abruptly. "What?" "I need some space." He grabs his keys and left the loft without another word. I mean, I understand why he needs space. Kali made him kill Boyd, right after he's just lost Erica. The only beta he has left is Isaac, but now he's apart of Scott's pack.

So right now, he feels like he has no one. But he has someone— but he has people now. But I'm pregnant with his baby. And I feel like this is the worst possible time to bring a baby into this world. "You're right. This is a terrible time to have a baby." Peter says as he comes down the stairs, making me scream at the top of my lungs.

"Damn, you have some lungs on you." He says as he covers his ears. "I wasn't aware that I said anything aloud." "Yeah, you said a few things." "I.. I don't know what I'm going to do, Peter. I've contemplated leaving. If the Alphas find out, I'll have a target on my back."

I began to pace and I continued, "And that's just an added burden to everyone else." "I knew Derek picked one of the smart ones." "I have family in—" Peter places a finger on his lips and shook his head. I caught on with what he was doing.

"When are you planning on leaving?" "Sometime next week, I have to pack up my things." I say, when truthfully I am leaving tomorrow morning. "Give me your phone," He says and I comply. He typed in his number. "Why are you doing this? Helping me?"

He sent me a text saying because you have a Hale in you belly. You're carrying on my family's legacy.

What about Derek? What if he needs me? I text.

There's nothing you can do. Focus on yourself right now. I'll text Cora to go with you.

Are you sure?

I'm positive.

Okay, and uh.. why are we texting again?

Because I smelled one of the Alphas. They're eavesdropping.

How do you know?

Because I would.

I look up at him and I find myself embracing him in a hug. Tears prick my eyes and I say, "Thank you," He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me.  "You're welcome."

**

Cora and I have been on the road for at least three hours and it's been eating at me to call Derek. But I didn't want him to worry. "What's up with you? Why is your heartbeat skyrocketing?" "Derek.." "He needs to focus on saving Beacon Hills."

"No.. that's not what I meant. Do you think that he would make a.. good father?" "Well I definitely think that there's room for improvement. But I know one thing, he loves you. He'll probably move a mountain if you told him to."

"And I know there are time when it doesn't seem that way. Us Hales, we're hard asses. We're not the affectionate types. But I've never seen Derek as affectionate as he is with you." She adds. I nod at her statement and my heart beat started to calm down.

That's when I heard my phone ring. My heart sinks when I see Derek's name on the screen. I look to Cora and she nods before answering the phone and putting it on speaker. "Y/N?" He answers. I shake my head and Cora says, "She's driving right now." "Driving where?" "Away from Beacon Hills."

"I know I'm on speaker. Listen, baby. When I said I needed space, I didn't mean for you to leave." "I know, but believe me. This is for the best." "What do you me—" "She's pregnant, Derek. I'm going to be an aunt and you're going to be a father." Cora interrupts.

"What?"