→ sick of losing soulmates [liam dunbar]

[imagine i inserted a dazzling and relevant gif here because wattpad issa bitch sometimes]

──•~❉SICK OF LOSING❉~•──
SOULMATES

*title can definitely be changed

Mai Lavan refuses to accept that the boy she's considered her soulmate since they were ten will never be hers. She knows she's bound to love him until her dying breaths, despite the fact that it means she's bound to carry the pain of not being loved back forever. A pain that has taken root in her chest, so agonizing that she knows it can never be matched.

Until his best friend almost tears it open.

─────•~❉PLOT❉~•─────

Mai Lavan is a hopeless romantic. Having spent the majority of her fifteen years on Earth with her nose stuck in a book, the young girl is convinced that love is as magical in reality as it is in the thousands of pages worth of stories her mind has consumed in her life. She knows for a fact that soulmates are real, and she knows for a fact that hers go by the name Mason Hewitt. Only problem is, Mason Hewitt likes boys.

Now, to be clear, Mai really doesn't want to be the asshole who crosses her fingers and wishes for Mason's interest in boys to just be a phase, but she can't help that her heart skips a beat every time his eyes meet hers, or that his smile is enough to make her weak in the knees.

When Mason's anger-issued best friend since childhood, Liam Dunbar, suddenly transfers to Beacon Hills High School, Mai can't help it but to feel her stomach churn with jealousy as the two become joined at the hip. She decides that although Liam may be Mason's close friend, he doesn't have to be hers. She can totally pull off avoiding him for the rest of eternity!

That is, until he tackles her outside Lydia Martin's lake house with glowing eyes and sharp claws digging into her rib cage.

─────•~❉FACECLAIM❉~•─────

Lana Condor as Mai Lavan

─────•~❉ABOUT MAI❉~•─────

Mai is a fifteen year old freshman at Beacon Hills High School, who has been desperately in love with her neighbor, Mason Hewitt, since she moved there from Miami five years prior.

Her parents are both from Vietnam, but Mai grew up in America. Her extended family all live in Ho Chi Minh, and Mai wishes to one day be able to visit them and see them all in real life and not just on a tiny screen.

Mai is a shy girl. Mason is the only real friend she's made in Beacon Hills, and the only time she spends time with other people than him is when he drags her along to meet his other friends.

Everything is so much more complicated in real life than in books, she's come to realize, which might be why she likes them so much. They're her escape from the world. However, escaping the world becomes close to impossible once she's been thrown into the parts of it she thought were reserved for fiction only.

─────•~❉SETTING❉~•─────

Season 4 — As far as you'd like

─────•~❉LOVE INTEREST❉~•─────

Liam Dunbar

─────•~❉REMINDER❉~•─────

Remember to follow the rules
when requesting a plot! :)