Chapter 5: Sick Day

This happened in November of 2019, which was a terrible experience. It was sometime after my birthday, (Nov. 9) and my trip to Metro Manila to see my first musical, Cats. It was a great time, but my glasses broke, so I didn't see a thing clearly. It was still a memorable night, though.

Sometime after the Shane Gang welcomed Junjie into the Shane Gang and Eli recovered from the Goon Doc's powers, Trixie's sister, Bella Sting, who was also a survivor of the massacre in the Lost Cavern (the 100th cavern), was having her 13th birthday. She wanted to go and see her sister again. They agreed.

At the party, Trixie and Bella were reunited. "Bea!" Bella said the moment she saw Trixie, calling her older sister by the nickname Mom gave her. "I thought you were dead!" They embraced. "And you must be the Shane Gang." She referred to the rest of the Gang's members. "You must be Eli Shane," she addressed him. "That's me. The only son of Will Shane." She gasped. "Well, I had no idea Will Shane had a son! You know, I've heard about how you defeated Dr. Blakk. You restored peace to all of Slugterra!" 

Apparently she was raised in Chillbore Cavern by a group of peacekeepers who managed the 99 Caverns for 5 years while hoping that a Shane would return to replace Will Shane and pick up where he left off. They took the girl under their wings and trained her to be a skilled slinger. When they heard about the Shane Gang, and when she learned that her sister Trixie was a member, she was ecstatic. The Shane had returned and her sister was alive. Now they were with each other again.

During the dinner, Eli's stomach suddenly lurched. He didn't feel so good, but he covered it up and finished his dinner, only making things worse than they are. When they got home, Eli felt feverish. When Trixie asked if he was okay, he only nodded. Trixie was suspicious. That same night, Kord had the same feeling, so they had to investigate. Kord tiptoed into his room and felt his forehead. He didn't account for one thing: The Shanes were light sleepers. They'd wake up to the hint of even the slightest movement. So he woke up the moment he felt the back of Kord's hand. "Eli, you're sick!" he said. "Get some rest, bro. We'll do what we can."

The next morning, while Eli was still asleep, Kord broke the news to everyone, confirming Trixie's suspicions. Junjie gasped. He, as did anyone else, hadn't known Eli to get sick even once.  They knew what to do. But a distress call told them that Quiet Lawn Cavern was being attacked by Locke and Lode. Trixie, Pronto, and Kord decided to take care of it while Junjie watches over Eli. When the sick Shane woke up, he asked in a hoarse voice, "Where's Trixie?" Jun answered, "They went out on a mission to Quiet Lawn Cavern." He placed a mildly soaked towel on his burning forehead. "Why didn't you tell anyone you were sick?" Jun asked out of curiosity. "I wasn't feeling well, but I insisted we go because she's Trixie's sister, and I didn't want to spoil the moment. Besides, it only started during dinner so it's really no big deal, right?" he asked. Jun knew it was a big deal because his voice was cracking with every word. So that's what he told him.

After Eli drifted off to sleep, Junjie left the room and said to himself after he shut the door, "This is going to be a long day..."

SO sorry for the late updates! I've just been working on a project lately and I swear for the past few days I even forgot I had a Wattpad account. Plus, I've been working on the other chapters so if you can, bear with me, please! And if that's not the worst of it, it won't even publish this chapter on the computer! Thanks for your understanding.