Chapter 3: Pronto the Menace

It ain't me, it's my mom who said so...

Pronto was an absolute menace to the Shane Gang, including the slugs. Burpy's prank was spoiled all because of his stupid sleepwalking (according to hioquiane's SlugTerra Randomness). Eli ended up taking a bath twice because he lost to Pronto in a duel. He only had Rookie while Pronto had Stinky. Trixie was in the middle of fixing her pigtails when Pronto happened to be passing by. He didn't see Noodle sleeping on the floor, so he stepped on the poor Flopper and skidded straight towards Trixie. Kord got his wrench stuck in Eli's Mecha-Beast because Pronto tripped and fell straight on his back.

The reactions were devastating. Burpy kept setting his mustache on fire to get revenge. Eli used Chiller to block his path on his way to dinner to keep him from stealing the very last piece of chicken. Trixie lost her temper and chased him all the way to the garage (and then he hit Kord) and Kord had him locked in the garage. "You're not getting out of there until you fix that thing!" he warned. And after 4 hours, Eli iced the door.

Feeling useless, Pronto snuck into his room and got packing. He packed up even a group shot of the whole Shane Gang. Early that morning, he woke Stinky and the rest of his slugs (names, please?) and had his mule saddled. Stinky hated leaving home, especially this time he'll never see Burpy again.

Flashbacks:

Burpy and I managed to make campfires after Chiller accidentally froze the logs and dried leaves. We needed that campfire since we took a weekend break and set camp in Chillbore Cavern. Eli started to shiver, so Burpy blew on the ice and melted it. He blew on it again. When fire failed to appear, I farted and Burpy blew on it, which worked. Flatulorhinkus and Infurnus slugs create horrible explosions (since methane was very flammable and can be found in farts) but they are useful. I'm going to miss you Burpy...

"I, Pronto the Great, has been disgraced by the Shane Gang. Alas, I will miss the dream of working as a tracker for a Shane, but if this is how they would treat me, no way it's ever going to happen." And so Pronto escaped the garage and set off to the middle of nowhere. When the Gang woke up, their tracker was long gone. Kord checked the garage and only saw three Mecha-Beasts. Trixie and Burpy searched the place for Stinky. But Eli had an idea of where he was. He ran outside and saw hoof-prints in the sand. He knew Pronto had left. Burpy knew his best friend was gone.

Two months later, there had been reports of break-ins all across the 99 Caverns. The first break-in was at nearby Caverna Mall. The suspect was a molenoid in black. Security cameras at Caverna Mall said the molenoid had a Sharpslinger Lightningbolt XD blaster, had a Flatulorhinkus slug, and wore a shoulder guard with the Shane Star on it. The had nothing else to say except, "What?!"

But was it really Pronto?