A text

A few hours later the car stopped at a motel, Elena got out of the car and stretched sighing looking around. "Where are we again?" Elena asked Stefan.

Stefan glanced over at Elena as he grabbed the bags from the car. "Tennessee I think," he said. "I'm thinking we either go to Georgia, Florida, or Lusiana," Stefan suggested handing Elena her bag.

"Are you suggesting we go to Disney World Stefan?" Elena asked with a laugh as they walked to their room.

"I mean, it is the happiest place on Earth," Stefan said jokingly, " I was thinking somewhere on the coast rather than Orlando, cause of the whole you wanting to plot murder while wearing a bikini thing," he added smirking as he opened the door.

" Well Louisiana is out, I don't want to be in the same state as the Mikleasons," Elena said turning on the light in the room. " Georgia could be fun, there's a beach town just past Savannah I went to a couple of times as a kid," she mused, " Florida seems like it would be too crowded and I'd rather not have a bunch of tourist witness my mental breakdown," Elena said setting her bag down on the bed closest to the bathroom.

Stefan laughed, "first of all it's not like they can sense when you're in the state Elena, plus I'm pretty sure Elijah likes you," he pointed out.

"Oh goody, one out of five don't want me dead," Elena said rolling her eyes.

" We'll go to Georgia, I'll start looking at hotels or somewhere for us to stay," Stefan said, opening the curtains. "You text Damon yet?" Stefan asked, trying not to sound like he was pushing her.

" It's on my to do list," Elena said sitting on the bed. She got her phone out and raised an eyebrow at the amount of missed calls and texts on her screen. Most were from Damon with a few from Bonnie and Caroline scattered in as well. Elena figured she'd do the girls first, though she didn't quite know what to tell them either. 'Sorry ran away with my ex because I found out some life-changing news that I can't tell you' that didn't seem to fit.

'Hey guys, first of all, I'm fine, I'll tell you more later, love you guys. I promise I'll send you beach pictures or something.'' Elena sighed, pressing send. Then went to text Damon, this one was going to be harder, all she wanted to do was yell at him, scream at him and call him a selfish bastard. She didn't want to make things worse, though Elena knew that was stupid. It couldn't get much worse than this, and she hadn't been the one to start this mess.

'Damon. I'm somewhere safe, I don't want to talk to you. I'm not ready to have this conversation or any conversation with you. I will call you when I'm ready until then do not reach out to me or I will block your number.'

"Alright, I did it," Elena said, putting her phone down.

"Good," Stefan said, "now what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Elena shrugged, "honestly?" she asked, " I'm not sure where to go from here, I guess we just hang out then go to bed," Elena said sighing.

Stefan nodded, "we can go walk around downtown," he suggested. "Maybe find a bar and get super drunk," he added.

Elena laughed, " great," she said smirking at Stefan.