Chapter Twelve

Shouto sat in the hospital bed in blue garments. His arm was wrapped with a bandage and his cheek was patched up. He looked away from the window and glanced at his friends. Midoriya was sitting on his bed adjacent to his, both his arm and his leg was wrapped with a bandage. Though, Iida had it worse, both of his arms were bandaged and was kept in place with a sling. After they had taken down the hero killer, Stain, they were immediately taken to the nearest hospital to get cleaned up. It had been hours since then, and rest assured that they had taken the time to recuperate.

He turned to Midoriya and asked him,  "Were you able to sleep, Midoriya?" Shouto had not been able to sleep at all. The events was still fresh on his mind.

"No, not really." Midoriya answered. Turning his body to face him.
"Thinking about it, we did something amazing, huh?" He continued.

"Seeing an ending like that really makes you feel like it's a miracle we're  alive. With my leg like this, he probably could've killed us if he wanted to." Midoriya said.

"Yeah." He just mumbled. "Yeah, we were obviously left alive on purpose. You're amazing to have been able to see him after all the murderous intent directed at you." He said the last bit to Iida. Who sat opposite at the opposite side of the room.

"No...that's not it. I..." Iida started, but got cut off by a person entering the room.

"Oh, are you wounded kids awake?" Gran Torino entered the room with Manual.

"Kid, I've got alot of complaints for you." He scolded Midoriya.

"Oh, s—sorry." He stuttered.

"But before that, you've got a visitor." Grab Torino turned towards the door. The door opened and a tall person with canine features walked in.

"Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae."

The boys stood up from their beds together. But Gran Torino gestured for them to stay still.

"You must be the UA students who took down the hero killer, right?" The man asked.

"Yes." They said.

The chief of police came all this way...and for what?

"Regarding the hero killer we arrested...he had fairly serious injuries such as burns and broken bones. He is receiving treatments under strict guard. Since you are UA students, I'm sure you already know that when superpowers were stil becoming the norm, the police attached high importance of standards and made sure quirks were not used as weapons." He said.

"For an individual's use of powers that can easily kill others...actions that normally would be appropriate to denounce...to be accepted officially is thanks to early heroes who followed the rules and ethics. Even up against the hero killer, for an uncertified individual to cause injury with their quirks without specific instructions from their guardian or super visors, is a clear violation of the rules."

....What?

"The three of you, the pro heroes Endeavor, Gran Torino, and Manual must receive punishment."

"Wait a minute." Shouto cut in, fists clenched in anger and disbelief. "If Iida hadn't come, Native would have been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, the two of then would have been killed." He said, eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"Todoroki..." Iida tried to stop him, but to no avail.

"No one realized that the hero killer had appeared. Are you saying that we should have followed the rules and watch people get killed?" He angrily shouted at the man.