Chapter 13

Saint Joseph College, Dehradun

Akansha was sitting in the administration room of the college filling out the last few details of application  form with her parents for her admission. Her fees was already paid by her parents.

Her parents and brother has come with her in dehradun  to settle her down and help her in completing the formalities of admission.

"here, take it sir , I have filled  all the necessary details required for admission"-  she told to the clerk  and handed over the form to him.

The clerk scrutinised the form and gave it a clear sign.

Akansha was going away from there when the clerk told her that classes for new sessions will began from day after tomorrow.

She had got admission  in first year  of bachelors in designing and her specialisation was interior designing.

After settling down her admission procedure, her next stoppage was  hostel. She chose to live in the college affiliated girls hostel only due to her parents concern about her safety. Even though she was from  rich  family  and could afford a single room for herself in the hostel , she chose roommate based system for living.  she wanted to fully enjoy her college and hostel life and make memories of lifetime.

In the evening , it was time for her parents and brother to catch flight and return to delhi. Akansh was getting emotional  by thinking about leaving her parents and the Same case was with her parents. She was going to be living alone and far from her family for the very time in her life. Her mother was especially concerned about how will she manage  here alone in a different city for she knew her daughter was a homesick person.

"Maa , its time for flight. lets go."- Arpit said.
"Yeah beta, we are coming"- his mother replied.

"Take care Akansha beta. Always remember our blessings with always be you. Fulfill your dreams"- her father said proudly to her.

"Akansha , if you have any problem here, just call me once I will be here. Understand."- Arpit told  her and hugged her.

"yes bhaiya, I know. besides that your akansha is strong enough to tackle her problems"- she said.

"Ok now its really getting late now"- Arpit reminded them of their impending journey.

Akansha touched the feets of her parents  and they blessed her. She tearfully bid them goodbye and returned to her  hostel room which she shared with a girl

Her roommate sensed that she was sad by  seeing her behaviour. She was sitting on the bed and staring  at the family picture.

"Hi, I am Sugandha Sharma Your roommate"- The roommate said with a smile on her face and offered handshake to Akansha.

Akansha was surprised and happy to see the forthcoming nature of her roommate.
she decided to reciprocate and gladly accepted the handshake.

"Hi , I am Akansha Malhotra. I am from delhi. You are from??"- she asked.

"I am from Lucknow"- Sugandha replied and asked one question to her "Which stream you have decided to opt for"

"Oh , I have enrolled in bachelor of interior designing  and you"- akansha replied.

"me too"- sugandha said happily.

"Oh great Now I will have some company in the classroom"- Akansha said but she was still sad about leaving her family.

"Look I know you are upset about being away from your family. It's natural to feel like this at the moment . Even I was also like you  when I first arrived here.  I was also emotional when leaving my family.There will be constant homesick feeling  in your mind. But remember we are here for something. That something is to achieve our dream . For our dreams and careers  we are staying far from our family. Imagine the faces of our family members when we will achieve this. They will be super proud of us."- Sugandha tried to make Akansha understand about not being sad.

Akansha slowly slowly opened up to Sugandha and both the girls talked to each other till late night. They discussed about everything from their favourite hobbies and movies to  their personal life.

In all of this, akansha understood one thing that Sugandha is a very genuine person. She likes to help others in difficult situations. She comes from a middle class family and she has reached this  prestigious institute only because 0f her sheer hard work  and not because of luck or money. She was glad that she got a good friend in sugandha  on the first day itself in this unknown city.

"Akansha we should sleep now. Its already  2.30 am now. Tomorrow our orientation ceremony will be there. So we have only today for resting and  settling down" - sugandha said and akansha nodded.

Both the girls slept off after conversation dreaming of new beginnings.

Orientation Day

"We  the faculty of designing  of Saint Joseph college formally welcome all the  students of new  batch starting from today onwards.  We hope this institute will provide a great learning platform to all of its students. we  will provide a rich array of opportunities for our students  to learn, discover themselves
and impart them knowledge how to survive and make a difference to this world."- The head of the department was giving an orientation day speech in the hall where most of the students were in sleepy mode including sugandha.

Akansha gently nudged the arm of sugandha  to wake her up from her sleepy state and be attentive in the  hall.

Finally after two hours the orientation day programme was finished and  the HOD  of their department announced that all students will get their schedules and activities list in their respective classrooms after 1 hour but before that there was half an hour break for them . All students took a breath of relief.

Akansha and sugandha too decided to go to cafeteria for coffee  to freshen themselves up after a super boring session in the morning itself.

"This morning session is itself so boring yaar . How will we survive  the whole day"- sugandha said to akansha while yawning.

Akansha was smiling at the words of sugandha and said"Don't think so much Sugandha. Its just starting of day . Everything will be good".

"Ok I am going to bring the coffee. You want something else"- she asked to sugandha and she replied in no.

Akansha  went to the food counter and paid the money for coffee. She picked the two cup of coffee  and turned back to return to her  table.

There was huge crowd in that section of cafeteria and akansha was finding it difficult to pass through them when suddenly she bumped into someone and spilled some coffee by mistake on his  shoes .

"What the hell"- he said angrily.

*****************************

Hello guys!!!  I have changed the cover of this book

Have a look at it!!

This beautiful and gorgeous cover is made by the wonderful  SHineeSunshine

Thank you so much SHineeSunshine

Thanks for reading.