Chapter 1: Innocent Child (Expanded)

4 Years Later...

Narrarator's pov. (There were additions)

A little girl was in a what seems to be scholar's room. The walls were the shade of the cherry blossoms, pink. The floors were made up of wood.

It didn't seem to have any beds, so it isn't a place to sleep. There were only a sofa, a mat, and a study desk fit for children.

In a corner, you can see shelves full of board games. Not just any board games you see children playing fundly off. It was a kind only adults could play and can benefit from it. Like checkers, mojang, chest, solataire, and etc.

There were many stoned bookshelves full of rare and antiquarian books, carefully put on the shelves alphabetically.

There weren't books fit for children at her age, and yet, the girl was able to understand all of it. It was expected from a Tenshi, and it was especially required to do so since it's within the conditions.

The baby four years ago, grew up into an intelligent kid; whoever, as what Kazuki thought, she has to put up to the clan leader's expectations to survive...

Little Miyuki was at her study desk, reviewing her studies when she heard noises from outside.

She had long silver hair with natural blue highlights. Her bangs were criss-crossed. She wore a cute blue puffy dress, for a meeting that will be held later. (But she still wore clothes like that usually)

She stood up, wobbled a little, then ran to the large window. She looked at the little children beyond the walls.

(She could see a good view because her study room is at the highest floor of the mansion. And beyond the walls is beyond the Tenshi's land property.)

Her crystal blue eyes shining at the sight; children laughing, grinning, and running around. Doesn't care wether their clothes get dirty and their parents would scold them for it.

She envied their freedom. She doesn't have freedom. She wasn't allowed to go outside. Her aunt said to her sternly, yet it had a hint of gentleness, "It was for your own safety." But that wasn't true, she thought.

She thought that it was because of her reputation. She thought that it would disgrace their family if would show up to the outside world that she was there, in the flesh, at her own will.

But at the same time, what she didn't get was why would they take care of her. Didn't kill her when they had the chance to avoid any hassle while taking care of her.

In fact, she was allowed to meet people in the meeting. It was rather shocking for her to be let out out of the blue. She was both happy and dissapointed. She could meet other people, but she doubt she was able to see children her age to play with.

They gave her what she need. They gave her food to eat. A proper... an advance education. Expensive accessories, perfumes, materials for her education. It's a luxury to die for.

'But not enough.' It was so selfish of her to want more, but can you blame her? She wasn't allowed to go play outside; not able to pick her own food, she needs to finish it. She can't have toys. They only allowed her to have fun through her lessons and books. Unfair.

There was no one to comfort her, love her. All gave a safe distance with her.

She thought of herself as a doll. A doll that can't get herself prettier; can't pick out her own clothes, moved around in a need to become gracious.

She kept on thinking of possible ways as to why they kept her as family, well, politicaly anyways.They had everything she doesn't have, or own. So what could they possibly take away from her more? And with the training?