Ignored

Monse's POV

When I woke up Cesar was gone, I guess he went back home. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast and then headed to my room to change into a blue hoodie with ripped jeans and I put my hair in a messy bun. I texted Ruby and Jamal to see if they wanted to hang out and clearly they said we can't we have plans. Which was weird so I had to figure out what was going on. I marched to ruby's house and knocked.

Ruby's POV

I heard a knock on the door and it was Cesar. He looked all beat up. "What happened?!" I asked. "Oscar jumped me in. I'm apart of the Santos." he said bluntly. "Are you serious?! do you know how angry Monse is gonna be?!" I yelled. "I know you just can't tell her." he said. " so you are gonna hide from your girlfriend until you don't look like a mess and your marks heal?" I asked and he nodded. I groaned. He seriously wants to hide something so major from his girlfriend.

Me and Cesar called Jamal and told him to meet at my house. Once he got here, I told him everything going on. But once I finished, Monse asked if we wanted to hang. We said no. Until I hear knocking on the door. My eyes widened I knew it was Monse so we hid Cesar in my room. I opened the door. "Hey Monse." I said trying to play it off. "I just wanted to see if everything was fine." she said. "Well it is." I said quickly. "Well ok, bye." she said as I closed the door.

Monse's POV

I know something is up so I look through the window and see them helping Cesar out of Ruby's room. Cesar looks all bruised and hurt. I knocked on the door again. "I know Cesar is in there open up." I said. Cesar opened the door. "Are you gonna tell me what happened?" I asked. he stayed silent. "What happened to him?" I asked. "Nothing" they both said. "Jamal?" I said looking at him. Ruby shook his head. Jamal stays silent. "Why can't you guys tell me what is going on." I asked and they all stayed silent.

I groaned and slammed the door as I left. Why are they not telling me anything. I went home and slammed my bedroom door. I decided to stay home so I laid in bed and watched Netflix. My phone kept buzzing so I checked.

4 missed calls from Cesar❤️

1 missed call from Jamal

2 missed calls from Ruby

Cesar❤: Monse I just want you to know that there is nothing going on.

Me: Sure. whatever.

I didn't want to talk to them right now so I shut my phone off and continue to watch Netflix. After a few hours of watching netflix I felt my eyes getting heavy and I started drifting off to sleep.

The Next Morning..

I woke up and checked my phone

19 missed calls from Cesar❤️

8 missed calls from Jamal

I groaned in annoyance why can't they just leave me alone. I hear someone knock on the door and I went to go get the door and Cesar was standing there. "What are you doing here?" I asked internally rolling my eyes. "I can't come see my girlfriend?" He asked playfully. "I know something is wrong why can't you just tell me?!" I asked. "Fine since you want know so bad. Oscar jumped me into the gang!" He yelled. I was speechless, Cesar is in a gang. "Ce-" he cuts me off "You know what it is fine. I got to go." He said. "Cesar please stay." I said grabbing his arm. He yanked his arm away from me and left.  I feel like he doesn't have feelings for me anymore. So I called Jamal.

Me: Jamal, Cesar told me what happened. I was gonna say something but he walked away from me.

Jamal: What?! Monse I'll be there soon.
Me: Ok.
I am happy Jamal is coming over but I keep thinking Cesar is cheating. Jamal had brought snacks so we could talk and have fun. I told Jamal everything. "Monse he knew you would be mad so probably he left cause he knew you didn't want him around." He said. "No, Cause I grabbed his arm and told him to please stay but he walked away. He has to be cheating." Once I finished that sentence there was a knock on the door and it was Cesar. "Hi." I said looking at the floor so he didn't see my eyes water. "Hey." He said as he smiled. "What is wrong?" He said lifting my chin up. "Nothing." I snapped. "Don't you have another girl you have to go to anyway." My voice cracks. "What?I'm not cheating on you, I never would." He said holding my hand. "Cesar I know there is someone else you walked out the door! When you told me. I was gonna say something but you just want to walk away!" I snap. "There isn't anyone don't you get it your the only girl I want so whatever your thinking is not true so don't think about it again." He said. "I have been miserable! Yesterday when you left I thought you were gone until I see you beat up on Ruby's couch and I thought you don't have feeling for me! Cesar I don't know if we will work.." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Monse." He said putting his hand on my cheek. "I love you. If you think we won't work out then it is up to you if you don't wanna date anymore." He said before he kissed me softly. I buried my face into his chest and cried.