Part 10

Dear diary,

Lucy is still weird. Normani loves chicken wings. Dinah is just Dinah. And I'm just kinda here. Thinking. Where did my life go wrong?

In other news...I'm addicted to Camila. Bish is like air to me. I need her to live, she'll always be there to supply. Now that I think about it...she sounds more like a drug dealer. Or a drug. My drug.

I'm disappointed in myself for writing that.

***

Ever since Lauren had announced her love to Camila, it was like the entire relationship had taken a turn. Camila was more serious when it came to showing her affection or even talking about where their relationship would go and how to address possible future problems. Instead of always making plans with the gang, she now made plans for just her and Lauren. Granted, those plans were mostly inviting Lauren over to her house or stumbling over her words as she tried to ask Lauren out on a date in the rare moments that they got to themselves -- It didn't really matter to Laur, she loved it.

Now...being serious about their relationship didn't mean that Camila had gone completely serious about everything. She stilled joked around, she was still nervous when it came to talking about certain things, and she still made sure that she spent enough time around Lucy, Dinah, and Normani. If a perfect woman ever did exist, Camila was that woman and Lauren was her biggest fan.

Lucy and Lauren had definitely rubbed off on Camila. While she was still a nerd at heart, the female had definitely changed while hanging out with the most popular girls in school. She was more confident, she knew how to flirt without sounding like a complete idiot, and she could even pick out a semi-decent outfit that didn't involve a hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans. She even exchanged her glasses for a pair of contacts, Lauren had definitely noticed the improvement and had even felt nice enough to give Camila a reward. That reward being a very steamy kiss inside the janitor's closet that had lasted for an entire period of class.

Lauren had given Camila confidence, fashion advice, and even a book filled with some sweet pick up lines.

Lucy had given her dirty jokes, cheesy jokes, gay jokes, dark jokes, memes, and a Rotisserie chicken. All of which Camila had somehow put to use in her daily life.

Well, not the chicken.

Normani had stolen it from her. Camila wouldn't have been mad if it wasn't for the fact that Normani had already eaten half the chicken before Camila even noticed the chicken was gone. She could've acted mature about it, she had the chance to politely ask for it back...instead, she tackled the girl while screaming "Swiper no swiping!" at the top of her lungs.

She didn't get her chicken back, but she did get a wicked scar afterward. Normani also got a scar. Lauren West: Her knight in shining armor.

Lauren would've preferred the chicken over all the jokes that Camila made on the daily. She would've preferred anything over the jokes. She would've complained about it...if Camila didn't look so damn proud of herself after every single one she told. The look of pure happiness on her face melted Lauren's icy heart, and she just couldn't bring herself to turn that smile upside down by asking her to stop with the jokes. She hated Camila for them, but she also loved her even more. That smile could make Lauren do anything.

She didn't really know if Camila knew about it, but she had a funny feeling. This feeling had started after a particularly bad joke forced Lauren to bite her lip to stop herself from saying anything, Camila had raised a brow at that and, after a few seconds, shrugged it off as Lauren simply holding back a laugh. The jokes only got worse after that. Lauren could only assume Camila had eventually discovered that Lauren didn't really like her jokes and was now only telling bad ones to force a reaction out of her.