Chapter Seven

"Victoria do you know what time it is! Where is your damn key!" mother yelled.

I have no energy to argue with this bitch right now. She can yell all she wants, but I'm taking my ass upstairs and going to sleep.

"So, you just gonna ignore me?" asked mother as I was walking past her going up the stairs. "Yep. Night Mother".

What? Yall thought I was going to the hotel? Ha! Ha! Ha! Yall must not understand how I operate yet. I took that hotel key and threw it in the trash. He's gonna have to work for this yall.

I took my heels and dress off and crashed onto my bed. I put my phone on the charger and turn on my "Do Not Disturb" button. I don't need no interruptions right now. I put the covers over my head and took my ass to sleep. That nigga got me fucked me thinking I'm coming to see him.

When I woke up it was 8pm on a Saturday night. My head was killing me like crazy and I was hungrier than a motherfucker. I went to the kitchen and cooked me some breakfast. Bacon, eggs and grits. Simple, yet fulling. 30 minutes later, I went back to my room.

I checked my phone. 3 missed calls from Cresha and a text from that unknown number.

I open the messaged and it read I love a good chase. In due time, you will be mine Vicki.

I texted back saying We'll see stranger.

He texted back Want to come over tonight. I'll cook for you.

I responded What part of I don't hang out with strangers don't you understand?

He replied My name is Deontay. Come through I won't bite. I'm craving you right now.

I had to think about this shit long and hard. Do I really want to see this nigga again? I mean he puts out very well, but what is he playing at? Matter of fact, why does he want me so damn bad. So, I texted him that.

Within seconds I got a texted from him saying I can see through you babygirl. You need a stable nigga in your life that's gonna put it on ya but take care of you at the same time. Take a chance with the good guy. I promise you; it will be worth it.

The last time a nigga said that to me, I was in deep love. His name was Weston and I would do anything for that nigga. We were so in love and we planned our future together. A big house with lots of kids. You know the house with the white picket fence and a raggedy ass dog, all that shit.

Once, I was pregnant before with his child, but I had a miscarriage. Things have never been the same since then. The only reason why we broke up is because my momma ran him away. She called him a leech and said he was gonna lead me to my downfall in life. Weston was a no-nonsense nigga so of course he talked shit back to her.

They got into a bad argument and that's when momma pulled a gun on him because she thought he was gonna hit her. He got up in her face but that was about it. I may not like the hoe but I damn sure wasn't going to let anybody touch her.

Long story short, Weston ran off and never came back. Because of him, I don't do relationships. You only get to experience love one time in life. After that, its all about finding stability and trying to build a future to keep the country going. Weston was my soulmate, but that shit is behind me now. I hate love and love hates me back. That's our mutual agreement.

I looked at the message again and saw he attached an address. I looked it up on Google maps and the location was a plantation called Black Velvet. Hmm I thought to myself.

So, he obviously has money because Black Velvet is like the modern Calabasas in California. Only basketball stars, actors and high-class rich people live in that neighborhood.