Chapter 5- The legend

"Where are we going." I asked, we were swimming fast, extremely fast.

"Somewhere fun" he smiled after he said that. God, smile was perfect, but something about it made me shiver. Not from cold, but from something I couldn't place.

"Why won't you tell me."

"Damn you ask a lot of questions."

"I don't think two constitutes as a lot, and I happen to not like when strangers take me to unknown places" he was staring to try my patience and become imitating.

"Big words for someone who ran off with a stranger"

Before I had time to respond he began again.

"Besides, we're here."

I didn't even notice the cave in front of us. It was dark and ominous, but something told me to go in.

He led me in the cave and I followed unsure behind him. Soon I saw a bit of light at the end and he stopped.
"After you my lady" he said with a hand behind his back and bowing. I chuckled and went ahead, not wanting to seem scared. What was in front of me was the exact opposite of what my mind was picturing. The water was lit up with crystals of all different colors that took my breath away. I felt a pair of hands on my waist and in a whisper Damion said? "Do you trust me?"

I don't know why, but I shook my head yes and suddenly I felt him pushing us towards the surface of the water. I closed my eyes and waited for the splash of water that came all at once. I heard him laugh and he told me to open my eyes. The top was even better then the underneath. Crystals littered the walls and black rocks were on the surface, pools of water contained little patches of coral, and on the wall was writing from long ago.

"You want to know what it says?"

His voice startled me out of my awe and I shook my head yes. He laughed and hopped onto a rock that took the form of a chair, where he pated next to him. I hopped up as well and he began to read.

"It's a legend. My dad used to bring me here and read it, swore it was true, but I don't know." When he said his dad brought him here his face fell the slightest bit"

"Your dad us-"

"Anyways," he cut me off, "it reads as follows my dear princess."

I decided to drop the questions on his dad."

"Before the land masses of earth rose to the surface of the seas and oceans, dark circles in the water would play, dance, eat, drink, love, and everything the land walking humans would do, to their hearts content." I laughed at his hand motions and he smiled.
"They were merpeople, much like you and me my dear, that hid under the waters surface and cause dark circles in the sea. They lived under two rulers, the king of the sea, Triton, son of Poseidon, and brother to Ursula, the sea witch whom ruled alongside her brother."

"Woah, what about their sister, my mom?" I asked, wondering if this was before my mom was born.

"Hold on,I'm getting there, Patience." He said with a smirk. "Like I was saying, Unlike triton, Ursula ruled with an iron fist and trickery. She was dishonest and made herself look like a saint, anyone who tried to reveal her died in an instant, or turned into the foam of the sea, to be ripped apart by the waves for all of time."

I bursted out laughing at him trying to create imagery with his body as he jumped in the water and pretended to be dead. Once he gathered himself and I covered my mouth he started again.

"One day, a merman by the name of Shane met with the queen sea witch, in hopes he would obtain a spell or potion to make a mergirl fall in love with him."