Chapter 3

A/N-

last filler, plot picks up next chapter. This chapter is dedicated to Kiley_1224, go check her out.

The last words were blunt, cold, I thought they were a warning, but they sounded more of a command. I shook my head and turned around to go pack my bags like the others with these spots. However, my mind kept wandering. What did the spots mean, how could the shadows play apart in this?

Finally I reached my cabin and walked in. The realization took me that I would have to pack THEIR things too. I started with the easiest rooms, kitchen, bathroom, and made my way to the shared room Lisa and I slept in.

Slowly, I opened the door and shuffled my feet to the bed. I pulled out the two suitcases we brought. I unzipped them carefully, remembering how the zipper on mine liked to get stuck. After they were both open and a sigh escaped my mouth, I found myself at the closet were all of our clothes were, we even put the dresser in it.

My hand went for the handle and sooner than I expected it, the door was open. I didn't want to think about her at that point and mindlessly threw everything in the bags. I forcefully closed them and the zipper got stuck.

I heard her sweet voice saying "I told you not to close it so hard" from when we were packing to come here. She was beautiful that day, she was wearing shorts and t-shirt, with a shell necklace and sneakers. We weren't that old, late 20s isn't that bad.

I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding and wiped the tear I didn't feel leave my eye. After fixing the zipper, I grabbed the rest of my belongings and rolled the suitcases out the door. I cleaned the bathroom next, making sure everything was in order. Then the kitchen, leaving it bare like the way it was when we arrived. I got everything out of the cabin until it came time for Lucy's room.

Wrapping my hand around the door handle, I clinched my eyes shut and threw open the door to her room. The sight before me was enough to wound any parent.

Crayons, splayed across the floor with a few papers. On them, little doodles of our once seemingly perfect family. As I walked in, an anger took over my body and mind. I don't even remember how I got every solitary item into two boxes.

Two boxes.

All she was and she had, confined into two boxes. The only thing left was her drawings and crayons. Those drawings of the father she thought me to be. I hastily picked them up and threw them into my pocket.

The anger that took over me now had me seeing red. Before I knew it. I was destroying the lamp on the bedside table, ripping the curtains down, and before I knew it, the room was left in ruins. I exited and got the rest of our cabin on this damned shipped packed.

Then, like a fresh sea breeze, the anger had past by me and faded. I looked around the cabin for any remains and just before I left, something caught my eye, the chain lisa wore around her neck with a single ring upon it. Her wedding ring. I slowly picked it up and caressed it in my hand. Looking down at my own band, I started to pull it off and then hooked it on the chain. By the time I made it out of my cabin, no one was to be found. I kissed the chain still in my hand and muttered a whisper.

"Forgive me. Please." and threw it into the cloudy water with shadows still lurking, as always.

Soon, we all were squeezed onto the ship deck and were getting ready to leave. The skim line of land had finally come into view and as it grew into the port town I had grew up in and started my family, I began to realize just how different it would be on my own. My past life was over and it's time to begin a new. I don't want to let go and I don't know how long it will take, but I know Lisa wouldn't want me grieving forever. But for now, that's all I know how to do.

We began filing off the ship and cabs were being called left and right. My house was in walking distance of the pier and I only had a few bags, so I didn't call on one. Then as if some cruel joke from the Gods, rain started pouring down.

My pace began to speed up and I was at my door in minutes. I began searching in my pockets for the keys and hurried to open the door. When I was inside, I flicked the light on and made my way to the couch, where I sat the whole night.

A/N-

So guys this is the last filler, the actual plot picks up in the next chapter and its spring break so I hope to have it up soon. I love you guys, thanks for reading and don't forget to comment. <3❤

-Ren