the materialistic bitch

Max:

As Davina I entered the house I noticed how everything was new. New appliances, flooring, paint, crown molding. Davina seemed surprised as well. I on the other hand didn't focus on the new features that much. I focused more on the fact that my own mother didn't remember me. I couldn't let it bother me that much, after all she never really payed attention to me.

As we walked down the hallway into the living room, I saw paintings on the wall. I stopped to admire them. I always had a thing for the arts. Davina nudged me and I came quickly back into alliance with them. Esther sat us in the living room and ran to the kitchen to make some coffee. Davina looked out of place, uncomfortable. She was fidgeting. I slowly braised my arm against hers, until she noticed and calmed down.

When Esther came back into the room, she sat down across from Davina and I. "So what grade are you in now Davina" Esther called out. "Eleventh" Davina replied. "Do you know what you want to do when you grow up" Esther snapped back. "Well, I have grown up Ms. Benette, and I'm going to be applying for law school." Davina replied. "Still hitting on older guys aren't you" Esther snapped. "Excuse me" Davina said with confusion. "Well you seem to be cozying up to my son here, isn't he a bit too old for you? I guess mother like daughter" Esther said without hesitation. Davina eyes filled with rage and tears clouded her anger. " well Esther at least her mother gave a damn about her and actually had a decent job. Yeah things got tough money-wise, but her mom didn't just abandon her their bond of love held them together. Have you ever heard of that oh wait no, you haven't. Because your a gold digger that only seeks two things pleasure and gold. And the saddest thing about that is that at the end of the day you'll really be left with nothing, alone and afraid and I won't feel a single ounce of sadness for you!" Esther seemed paralyzed after what I had said. While Davina looked relived. "thank you" she whispered into my ear. " so now that we've cleared the room, where is brad Esther?" I said without doubt.