𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ━━ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔

The sun blooms on the horizon, filling the sky with shades of orange and pink, stretching ever outwards into the rich blue

The sun blooms on the horizon, filling the sky with shades of orange and pink, stretching ever outwards into the rich blue. Radiating hope, a new beginning, it is the brilliant flower of the sky that was going to warm up their day ahead. It was another chance to live. The start of another fresh and unpredictable day.

The air is thick with the heavy and lingering scent of coffee but for Eliza the taste of Pearson's favourable caffeine just didn't taste the same anymore. She couldn't put her finger on why she felt that way but she knew it was one of two things ━━ the terrible Blackwater ferry job or the disappearance of some of the gang members.

Eliza winced as she sipped from her coffee mug ━━ it was tepid, overly bitter and lacking any sort of real cream. It was a source of caffeine though and her being a lover for the liquid substance, she drank from it like a sailor new to whiskey.

Tilly and Mary-Beth were her companions on this early morning, along the young O'Driscoll boy Kieran Duffy who was glued to the tree stump. Mary-Beth seemed to be the closest with him and it was quite obvious to the seeing eye.

Tilly pursed her lips as she gently placed her mug of coffee down onto the grass and placed her attention onto Eliza. She watched as Eliza fiddled with necklace that was around her neck, her tender blue eyes resting lazily on the earthy ground.

"Is that the necklace Sean brought you?" Tilly spoke up softly, keeping her voice down to almost a whisper. Mary-Beth giggled as she and Tilly exchanged looks with one another. "You mean stole and than gave to her.." Mary-Beth chirped in, smiling from ear to ear as she looked from Tilly and than at Eliza.

Eliza's cheeks flushed a baby pink, colouring her pale complexion vividly as the girls mentioned Sean's name. "No it ain't, this is jus' an ordinary necklace.." She looked at the both of them through glossy eyes, the corners of her lips urging to curve upwards and form that delicate smile that she was so well known for but she held it back, not wanting to give it away.

Tilly and Mary-Beth cackled quietly, "Oh who is you tryin' to lie to Eliza! We all know that is the one he gave to you that night before the ferry job in Blackwater." Mary-Beth was smiling ear to ear as the trio exchanged looks with one another.

"He walked all cockily into camp that night, slurrin' an' demandin' for you, then you came out your little tent like the princess you is an' his entire face jus' lit up!" Mary-Beth exclaimed excitedly as she remembered that very night. She remembered it so clearly and visibly like it had just been last night.

Mary-Beth looked at Eliza lovingly before continuing, "He pulled it out of his pocket an' you was mesmerised by it, Eliza! Gosh, I-I remember the exact face he pulled when you said you was in love with it! He was jus' so damn proud of himself."