𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ━━ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐝.

𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔.

The chirps came in bursts, bringing a smile onto Eliza's face

The chirps came in bursts, bringing a smile onto Eliza's face. The birds were calling to one another in that beautiful way they do, the songs coming from different trees along the gangs hideout. If their music were visible it would be petals falling like rain, every shade of the spring flowers, a kaleidoscope for the scope.

Above the gangs hideout the sky was such a gentle hue between cloud and baby-blue. Eliza often watched each bird that made its self visible upon wing. It was one of those spring days with a kiss of coldness that somehow heightened the warm rays of the sun.

Eliza paused briefly from cutting the potatoes Pearson had assigned her and let her eyes wonder over to the flowers, she admired them, to sense their aromas, to be in the moment with their transient beauty.

Beyond all, it was a day of gifts, all there for simply noticing, for letting the steady nature-given happiness in.

Arthur Morgan was perched on a rock, his back facing the gang, with his precious journal on his lap as he wrote and sketched onto a new page. He would often glance over his shoulder and look at Eliza and then when an idea would hatch into his brain he would doodle it down.

Eliza turned her attention back onto the potatoes that were scattered right in front of her and sighed heavily. She wished Miss Grimshaw had given her a chore rather than Pearson grabbing her to help him out for the daily morning stew.

She resumed to her chore, cutting and slicing the potatoes into small cube like sizes. It didn't take long for her mind to wonder elsewhere though, considering everything that had unraveled within the gang and the ferry job.

With her mind elsewhere, Eliza had sliced into her finger causing blood to squirt out. She let out a venomous hiss as she threw the knife onto the table and clasping her hand.

"Mmm, you're getting sloppy Clemons." Micah Bell had witnessed what had happened and couldn't help but comment on the situation. He cackled coldly as Eliza glared at him.

Micah awaited her response but got nothing back. "Jus' like you is in bed. So mighty boney, damn hurt when you rode me last night."

Arthur had overheard the conversation from his little perched position and was quick to pipe in. "Shut your mouth, Micah." He called out to him, his emerald blue orbs glaring at the greasy haired gunslinger.

Micah rolled his eyes in annoyance. He faked a yawn as he placed his hand onto the surface of the table, his body seemingly close to Eliza as he looked across at Arthur. "Why don't you stick that beaky nose of yours into that damn journal of yours, cowpoke. This conversation," he paused momentarily as he gestured his finger between himself and Eliza. "doesn't include the likes of you."