~chapter 1~

I open my eyes.

My naked body falls aimlessly through an endless abyss of darkness. I feel a crisp wind brush against my skin, sending a chilling vibration up my spine. Tears furiously break free from the shelter of my eyelids as liquid melancholy enshrouds my face with pure, unadulterated sadness.

When will I reach the end? What happens at the end? Do I die?

Questions and questions vexatiously amble across my mind as I close my eyes in despair.

As my lifeless body plunges further and further into the void, I can't help but laugh at myself. First, it's a smile. Then, a snort. Chuckling. Snickering. Cackling. 

Before I knew it, the entire abyss was flooded with my laughter. I never imagined that I could be this weak. For the past 19 years, I've prided myself on my strength - both physical and emotional. And yet, look at me now. A chalky husk of my former self.

Despite likely having been asleep for hours, I vividly remember the last thing I saw before everything went black for me. There I was, sitting in the middle of my locked bathroom, my brother desperately screaming and banging against the door. I remember how his vociferous shrieks reverberated against my body, each vibration making me quiver with raw shame. He screamed desperately about why I needed to go to a hospital, much to my dismay. My heart throbbed with unbearable pain as my scalp burned with anxiety. 

'Mavis! MAVIS!" my brother yelled from across the door. But it was no use. No matter how much my mind wailed for my body to get up and open the door, my limbs remained stagnant and numb. 

'This is it. This is how I die. Death from a broken heart.' I thought.  

A vehement passion burned in my eyes as I could feel my motionless blood cool beneath my blue skin. 

'At least this way, I'll never have to see him, again.' I whispered softly. And with that, the unbearable pain that tormented my heart was gone. 

And so was I.

Now, here I am. Blindly falling through a darkened chasm, waiting to see what's on the other side for me. I pray to God it's heaven. I've been through enough hell.