𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚘 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 - 𝚂𝙵𝚆

[gn!reader]

𝙶𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎

"Baby? Where are you?"

You shot your head up. Hanta wasn't supposed to be home for at least another hour. Yet here you were—sitting on the floor of your shared bathroom with your knees drawn up to your chest and your face marred with tear tracks—and here he was.

"I'm- I'm in the bathroom!" you called back, hasty in your panic to shut and lock the door to keep your boyfriend from seeing you like this. Once you did, you leaned back against it with a shaky sigh, rubbing at your eye with the heel of your palm. "Be out in a minute!"

"Alright, but hurry up. I wanna see you," he pouted, and you could hear how much closer he was. He was probably in the master bedroom now; just a door away.

Hanta didn't know about your... this. Your depression and internalized hatred and self-consciousness. Which was how you planned to keep it. You didn't need him seeing this side of you. That was why you hid it. From everyone.

You ran the tap and splashed water in your face to try to cool it down, unable to keep your breath from quivering. You felt so horrible. Just... just completely awful. One more step and you were certain you would collapse. But Hanta couldn't know. He couldn't know how close the dam was to breaking. So you dried off your face with a towel hanging above the sink and put on your usual smile. Then you opened the door.

Hanta was sprawled across the bed on top of the duvet with baggy clothes on, his hero costume in a crumpled heap by the door. At the sound of the bathroom door opening, he turned on his side and wordlessly held out his arms. With a giggle, you joined him on the bed.

Your boyfriend was quick to snag his arms around you and tangle his legs with yours, burying his face into your hair.

"Oh, God, you have no idea how great it is to cuddle with you after a long day," he groaned into your hair, taking a long whiff of your hair. "Hey, you smell like oranges. That's new." Hanta kissed the back of your head. He loved oranges.

"You like it? I picked it out especially for you," you chuckled, stubbornly putting your hands on the ones Hanta had on your hips when he tried to turn you over to face him. You still weren't sure whether or not it looked like you had been crying.

"I love it. But do you know what I love even more?"

"What?"

"Seeing your face."

And with that, your boyfriend spun you around and peppered kisses all over your face, moving over you until he could cage you down on the bed with his arms. You couldn't help but squeal and close your eyes at the attack, fruitlessly trying to shove his face away from your own.

When you opened your eyes again, Hanta's usual lazy grin was gone. He was staring at you in shock. Oh no.

Immediately you pushed him away and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing at your eyes some more. Goddammit, he noticed. What were you going to do? What could you say? What could you do?

"Baby..." Hanta sounded so concerned you almost broke down right then and there. His hands were on you again, this time one rubbing soothing circles on your back and the other reaching around you to gently take your hands into his own. "What happened? Why were you crying?"

You only wordlessly shook your head. If you tried to talk, the dam would break and you would turn into a blubbering mess.

Hanta—just as silent—pulled you into his lap. He hooked his chin over your shoulder, crossed his legs so you were securely planted in the middle of them, wrapped his arms around your stomach, and began to gently rock you back and forth.

"It's okay," he murmured, "you don't have to say anything. Just let me love you, alright?"

The dam broke. 

You buried yourself face in your hands and sobbed. Months of your self-torture came rushing to the surface and you crumbled in Hanta's arms.

"I'm sorry, Hanta," you croaked hoarsely, nearly choking on the tears that slipped into your mouth. "I'm sorry! Everyone... everyone thinks of me like the connector, like the- like the glue, but I can't even keep myself together, Hanta. I'm letting everyone down!"

"Hey, woah, woah, woah, what are you talking about?" inquired Hanta incredulously. He turned you around again, cupping both sides of your face and brushing away your tears with his thumbs. "Baby, you're not letting anyone down. It's okay to... to fall apart sometimes. It's okay to feel bad. But when things get this bad, you have to tell me, okay? You're way too damn special to make yourself suffer like this, sweetheart."

You nodded, lips pursed, and pressed his hands into your cheeks with your own hands. Hanta pressed a soft kiss to your lips, and when he went to pull away, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kept him there. So he stayed.

The two of you kissed for a long time, neither one of you particularly wanting to leave. But eventually you had to.

So you pulled away from his lips, only to press your forehead against his as you let out another shaky breath. Hanta's hands moved down to your waist, now rubbing soothing patterns into your hipbones.

"If you're the glue and you're breaking down," Hanta paused to give you that toothy grin you had fallen in love with, "then I'm the tape that's gonna piece you back together again."