It Has to be Tonight

Shawn's POV
I've never seen Juliet cry before. I've only ever seen her this vulnerable after she was captured by Yin. Truth to be told, I was uncomfortable. I had no idea what to do.
What would you want someone to do for you in this situation?
The old words of my dad popped up out of nowhere. I pulled her into the kind of hug I envisioned my mom giving me the first time I saw her after the divorce. And that turned out to be the best move. Because Jules didn't pull away, or hesitate, or even flinch. She just clenched my jacket and wept. She was reluctant to let go. All I could do was look her in the eyes and assured her, "I'm not going anywhere." She seemed to like that. I put my arm around her and sat down on her couch. Tears stained her cheeks, and the occasional sniffle broke the silence, but other than that, we sat together, using each other as comfort.
This is what perfection feels like, then.
"It was so real, Shawn." Juliet said, shattering the peaceful silence.
"Tell me everything that happened." I wasn't thinking, I wasn't planning ahead, I was living in the moment, something I hadn't been able to do for several decades. She looked up at me, a small smile across her lips, eyes glistening from the small lamp we turned on in the corner.
"You don't have anywhere to be, do you?" She asked.
"Nothing that's this important."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I want to make sure you're safe. I couldn't rescue you when you were hung off a clock tower, it's the least I can do."
"Thanks." she mumbled avoiding eye contact.
"Don't mention it."

Juliet's POV
It was oh-so-perfect. Everything that I had experienced in life somehow couldn't compare to the contented ness I felt now.
This is what I needed all along. Not reassurance, but physical comfort with someone.
I couldn't think of a better candidate.
"It was a nightmare. It was all in my head." Normally I can deal with nightmares, but this time, my gun was gone, the lights were out, it was the middle of the night, and something wasn't right. Something was off. All of a sudden just complete and total fear took over. I wasn't thinking straight so I called someone. I didn't even know I was calling you."
"That's a shame, I thought I was special." His flirtatious comment sent shivers down my spine. Thinking about it, I was truthfully glad that I had called Shawn. Mom and Dad would've worried too much, Karen already had enough on her hands, Carlton was just bad with real emotion, but Shawn, even though his maturity wasn't strong, this time, all he had done was perfect. Suddenly, I realized that I didn't enjoy spending my time with anyone more than Shawn.
"But then, in the dream, Gus and Lassiter weren't able to get there in time. Then the wire snapped and I was plummeting to the ground, and I was so useless and weak and incapable because I couldn't save myself..."
Shawn sat up and looked at me right in the eye.
"Jules, you are none of those things. The opposite. You were so strong, and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it. Nobody could've known. Don't beat yourself up about it. You were literally tied up, it's not your fault."
"Yes, but, it still feels so real, and... I still don't know... I'm so confused..."
"Jules, look at me."
I hesitated, but reminding myself that it was Shawn, I glanced up, and realized what a beautiful shade of hazel his eyes were. I was fascinated by the little flakes of green that were scattered in them were.
"It was all a dream. It wasn't real. You're safe now."
His eyes sold it. They danced with sincerity and trust. I could've sworn that fear was hidden in them. But it didn't take long for me to believe him. Just being here with him made me feel safe. Glancing at the clock, I realized how late it was. It was nearly six am. The time had sped by. It was almost time for me to leave, and I hadn't got any sleep. And, Shawn still had no idea how I felt.

Shawn's POV
When I saw her glance at the clock, I felt a sense of disappointment, and suddenly panic. The whole night had gone by, and she had no idea how I felt. I had to tell her. It had to be soon.
"Look at the time, I need to get to work soon." She said, hurriedly, as if she was in a rush.
"Yeah... the time." I mumbled.
She went to go get ready, and I started getting ready to leave. All of the confidence I had felt moments ago had disappeared, and my hands started sweating, my fingers trembling, and I had a heaped time keeping cool.
I could just invite her to dinner and tell her then, it would be so much more romantic...
No, it wad to be tonight. I didn't even know why, but something gave me this feeling, I didn't know what, but something told me that tonight was the night.