Your My Neighbor?

~Janelle Walker~

"I'll be back," I yell over my shoulder. I make it half way to the door when something yanks my gym bag pulling me back.

"Geez Toby, you could've just yelled." I turn and face my brother-in-law.

"I need you to be back by 4:30. The neighbors are coming over." I nod and walk towards the door again and am yanked back again.

"Oh and take the car." Toby hands me his car keys.

"Why do I need to take the car?" Toby raises his eyebrow. He gestures to my outfit. I'm wearing some sweatpants and a sports bra.

"Fine." Once again I make my towards the front door, but this time I'm not yanked back. I walk out to the car and get in. I turn on the car and pull out the driveway.

~*~*~

"Hey Charles!" I walk in to the gym and throw my bag on the floor. I walk towards my locker and pull put my tape. I start to wrap up my hands.

"What's up kid," calls Charles. I finish wrapping up my knuckles and walk towards Sammy, my punching bag.

"Oh, you know. Life." I start punching the bag and kicking it putting all my anger on it. I do a combo of punches and finish it off with a round house kick.

"Take it easy kid." Charles puts his hand on my shoulder. I look up at him. Strands of his light brown hair hangs in front of his light brown eyes.

Charles has always been like a big brother to me. Sorta like Toby. Ever since I found this gym, Charles has been there for me.

"Sorry." Charles gives me a pat on my back and walks to the office. I turn back to Sammy and continue to beat the living shit out of it.

~*~*~

"Janey!" Jocelyn came running down the stairs in her princess dress. She runs towards me and jumps on me causing me to faulter backwards.

"Hey kiddo." I hug her and spin her around. I put her back down and kneel down. She looks just like Jasmine. She has my sisters green eyes, but Toby's light blonde hair.

"So how was school today," I ask. She looks down at her shoes. She hides behind her blonde hair and rocks back and forth on her heels.

"She got in trouble for punching a boy today." My older sister walks in and leans against the doorway. She crosses her arms over her chest. Her dark brown hair is pulled back into a pony tail. She's basically an older version of me.

"High-five." I put my hand out she slaps it.

"So what did he do, huh?"

"He tried to kiss me," she said disgustedly. I scrunched up my face in disgust and she did the same.

"Ew, did he give you cooties?" She shook her head.

"Man, that was a close one. What would I do with out my favorite niece?" She smiled and gave me hug.

"You would miss me." I smile and hug her back.

"Yes, I would kiddo." She pulls away.

"Alright, go do your homework," says Jasmine. As a kindergartener I don't understand what homework she could possibly have, but I don't argue. Jocelyn runs upstairs to her bedroom. I stand back up and throw my bag on the floor.

"Go get showered and dressed, the neighbors are gonna be here in an hour." Jasmine turns back and walks back into the kitchen. I walk upstairs and walk to my room.

I grab my ripped jeans, a black bandeau, and my Nirvana muscle tee and walk to my attached bathroom. I would have worn something a little more "appropriate", if that's what you wanna call it, but most of my clothes are still in boxes somewhere.