God Damn

~Janelle Walker~

"No for the last time you cannot wear jeans to your brothers wedding," I tell Eli. I thrust the tux back into his hands and turn him towards the dressing room.

I take a deep breath and put my hands on my hips.

"Janelle can you come here for a second," Emmett yells.

"Emmett, I can't keep telling you to put your pants on one leg at time. Stop trying to jump into them," I yell back as I walk towards his dressing room.

I pull back the curtain and find him with his pants on, surprisingly, and his shirt unbuttoned.

"Can you help me button my shirt, please?" I huff and roll my eyes.

I start to button up his shirt and a piece of my hair falls into face. Emmett gently brushes the hair back and tucks it behind my ear. I look and find him looking at me. It's not the same look he usually gives me, it's different.

I finish the last button while still maintaining eye contact.

"What," I ask. His hand is still by my ear and is grazing my cheek. All of the sudden it's like he snapped back into reality and quickly moved his hand away from my face. He shakes his head and adjust his shirt.

"Uh, I think this shirt is alright." He rolls up the ends of his sleeves and looks in the mirror.

"Yeah it looks fine."

"So am I the last one to try on their suit or..." He turns to around and faces me.

"No there's Eli, but I think he's done."

"Alright." I stand there awkwardly for a second and then decide to just leave.

After a couple of minutes of arguing with Eli on the appropriate attire for his brothers wedding, I was finally done with with fittings.

Elliot took home the younger brothers leaving me and Emmett together.

"Hey are you going to that party today," Emmett asks suddenly.

"I wasn't planning to. Why?"

"Just thought you would want to go, it's been kind of a long tiring week." Emmett stops at his car and leans back against it with his hands in his pocket. A breeze blows by and I wrap my arms around myself.

"Maybe I'll think about it," I say mischievously. I give him a wink and turn towards my motorcycle.

~*~*~

~Cody Maxon~

Loud pounding music was the only thing that was filling my ears. And it wasn't even the kind of music I like.

I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes.

What was the point of coming here?

All the girls here were either too desperate or too drunk for my liking. And honestly I wasn't in the mood for that.

I open my eyes and scan the room and the people surrounding me. People grinding on each other, people drunk off their asses, couples making out in dark corners. Why am I not excited about this?

There's a stage set up outside where the music is coming from. Tyler and his band were supposed to perform tonight but the lead guitarists never showed up.